Mortgage loan not cleared !

man1203

Registered Users (C)
Hello!

I am on adjustment status for the past 2.5 years. H-1 is expired recently and working on an EAD for a big company. Everything is straight forward about my case, I think. I am buying a home and went to Wells Fargo for a loan. They approved the loan initially but now they are not sure about my Legal Status. They will give loans only to H-1, B-1, G-1, J-1 etc. but not for people who are on adjustment of status/EAD, because it is not in their list of immigration status. They are asking me to show a "Visa" or "H-1" to prove that I am in status. There is a risk of denial of loan. I could go to another bank but loss is very high at this time. Is there any document which says, adjument of status (I-485) is a valid status to be in ?

Anyone has any ideas how to resolve this ? My attorney is too busy to give me a letter, and I am not sure if it helps!

Thanks,
Man

For record

Finally my loan is cleared. Wells Fargo has no clue what an adjustment status is. My Attorney and a manager had to fax/fedex a letter stating that I am legal, I-485 is a legal status, GC is in process and in advanced state, Company doesn't deal with illegals, follows USCIS rules etc.

It is a pain to go through Wells Fargo though. Another bank cleared my loan in 3 days.

R, Man