morning greeting, approval email

windywd

Registered Users (C)
9:30 August 18, 2005.

Approval notice arrived. I am not so excited, really, for whatever reason.

Congratulations, man!

If I get approved tomorrow, I will feel released, but no happiness at all.

My 15 years of life has been waiting for this damned paper.

This world including USA is fucking damned !!

windywd said:

I know. I will go to Canandian consulate to pay to reactivate my Canandian PR.

This whole damn wait is way too long. Too bad that my friend in Canada is paid about half about what I make and he has higher qualifications than I do. If Canada is paying me enough, I am going to move to Canada, right away.

windywd said:

Congrets!
Can you tell me after BIO done and before this approval notice how many LUDs and email notifications you received?

I-485 RD Dec, 2001
FP Aug, 2004
Status chaged, saying
that they received my RFI on 08/09/2005
BIO done 08/17/2005
Lust Update 08/18/2005

To Windywd

windywd said:
I know. I will go to Canandian consulate to pay to reactivate my Canandian PR.

This whole damn wait is way too long. Too bad that my friend in Canada is paid about half about what I make and he has higher qualifications than I do. If Canada is paying me enough, I am going to move to Canada, right away.

did you hold the Canadian PR and asylee status the same time? how come? if you have canandian pr which means you have another country to protect you. how are you going to deal this with uscis? My canandian application is pending now? I am wonderring how I am going to deal this with uscis. could you give me some suggestions? I really appreciate your help.

To Cleveland:

My LUD was changed all the time since last week, but that is only because they sent me RFE for Canadian immigration status. I sent them last Friday and they updated LUD since this Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

To mmm:

According to my attorney, even Canadian PR doesn't matter because the law (INA) calls for "nationality" for the basis of ineligibility. I, however, took a conservative approach that I never became a Canadian PR. You just let them approve your case. Hold it, don't do medical, don't 'land". That way, you are never a Canadian PR since you never go to Canada. Hope this helps.

to windywd

windywd said:
To Cleveland:

My LUD was changed all the time since last week, but that is only because they sent me RFE for Canadian immigration status. I sent them last Friday and they updated LUD since this Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

To mmm:

According to my attorney, even Canadian PR doesn't matter because the law (INA) calls for "nationality" for the basis of ineligibility. I, however, took a conservative approach that I never became a Canadian PR. You just let them approve your case. Hold it, don't do medical, don't 'land". That way, you are never a Canadian PR since you never go to Canada. Hope this helps.

thanks so much! I really appreciated your help.

to windy:

you mailed your RFE last friday, and you got approved today. that means INS approved your GC before they received your RFE, i.e, they didn't need your RFE for their decision?

whencanigetgc said:
you mailed your RFE last friday, and you got approved today. that means INS approved your GC before they received your RFE, i.e, they didn't need your RFE for their decision?

They received my response this past Monday. Unlike outbound mails, inbound mails are usually overnight since applicants want to give them what they need right away. :)

so uscis is working very efficiently now??

windywd said:
They received my response this past Monday. Unlike outbound mails, inbound mails are usually overnight since applicants want to give them what they need right away. :)

so uscis is working very efficiently now??

Amazing,You are not excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know why?
Because you got it so quick comparing to others who are waiting since 1999 and 2000.You are 2002 and you are approved :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
b/c of of what ever reason.Any way be happy and don't scratch some peoples wounds here.

windywd said:

Gebre said:
Any way be happy and don't scratch some peoples wounds here.

Honestly I don't understand all that fuss regarding the GC approvals! I also have been waiting forewer (1996) to get it but what would change with the GC?

We'll be free from the torturous RTD application processes every year (a huge deal for me, given the nature of my work) but otherwise - a new five years of waiting are in front of us...

After a major decission (to leave our native countries) we are all in the new one, under the all those adjucating processes but honestly, the USCIS does not influence our daily lives so much...

Just my 2 cents; good luck everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
wozzek said:
Honestly I don't understand all that fuss regarding the GC approvals! I also have been waiting forewer (1996) to get it but what would change with the GC?

We'll be free from the torturous RTD application processes every year (a huge deal for me, given the nature of my work) but otherwise - a new five years of waiting are in front of us...

After a major decission (to leave our native countries) we are all in the new one, under the all those adjucating processes but honestly, the USCIS does not influence our daily lives so much...

Just my 2 cents; good luck everyone.

You'll still need ro renew your RTD every year.

Gebre said:
Amazing,You are not excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know why?
Because you got it so quick comparing to others who are waiting since 1999 and 2000.You are 2002 and you are approved :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
b/c of of what ever reason.Any way be happy and don't scratch some peoples wounds here.

I am not excited, really. According to my attorney, I should have gotten approvals last week but I got RFE instead. Their processing my reply was quick, though. Anyway, my life doesn't change. I still haven't got my RTD, yet, which is more important than GC, at this time. :mad:

karina,

No I did not. Strange is that most people have done BIO with the RFI but not in my case. Do you think I should call them?

windywd said:
I am not excited, really. According to my attorney, I should have gotten approvals last week but I got RFE instead. Their processing my reply was quick, though. Anyway, my life doesn't change. I still haven't got my RTD, yet, which is more important than GC, at this time. :mad:

windywd How does your Attorney knows that you should get approval last week? Did he/she has any special link to USCIS. I mean some folks here apply I-485 long before you did RFI and BIO and still waiting for approval. And you apply 2002 and got approval and not Excited--wow--man. May be your attorney might help US to get approval quickly.
Good Luck to Everyone.

Mentos said:
windywd How does your Attorney knows that you should get approval last week? Did he/she has any special link to USCIS. I mean some folks here apply I-485 long before you did RFI and BIO and still waiting for approval. And you apply 2002 and got approval and not Excited--wow--man. May be your attorney might help US to get approval quickly.
Good Luck to Everyone.

No, Mentos, I don't think he has special relationship with them. But since he has a lot of cases pending, he told me he had seen approvals flying out "days" after bio for affirmative asylees like me recently. He told me I should look for days after bio.