More then 60 Days RFE No reply..

jaysys

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My response to RFE was received by USCIS on 04/06. On my previous calls I was asked to contact them after 06/06 to request formal enquiry. When I called today They told me Since AOS current date is 01/15/02( my RD is 05/15/02) enquiry can not be placed for my case. I am not sure what's the actual rule. USCIS website says call USCIS "If you received RFS and responded more then 60 days ago and not received decision pleas call ....."

-jaysys

Its been 7.5 months since USCIS received my RFE reply and here I am still waiting.... 60 days rule is actually interpreted by USCIS (60 days only + RD should be within processing time frame). Thats what I was told. Now I again initiated contact with senator to get my case moving as the processing date moved to 01/15/02. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
My Case detail:
Rd 05/01/02
ND 05/15/02
2nd FP: Not sure some where 08/03/03
RFE Reply recd by USCIS 04/06/04
AD : next century :)

Almost 6 months since my RFE was received by USCIS. When my congressman inquired on my behalf, he too got the same message that nsc121901 reports above.

Same situation here. Contacted USCIS few times and requested an inquiry per their own 60 day rule. The IIOs basically refused to do that and their answers were they have not received any memo about that. After getting frustrated with IIOs I contacted the senator's office and convinced them to look into my case. They received the same answer!

I don't know what to say and I have been waiting a year since I received the RFE.

Good luck to all of us!

I've been asking FBI since mid April (Called and left a message, faxed), but haven't gotten any response. I assume my name check hasn't been completed.

Frodo!!!
Same here. Even I had left 4 request for name check status in the last 10 weeks but no reply yet. I too think our name checks are not completed. Anyways, since I already contacted senator (2nd time) today I hope to get some feedback from USCIS.

nsc121901 & frodo,

same here. No reply from FBI regarding name checks. I have left messages a few time, faxed twice.

My suspision is that your guys name check are stuck. Either your name/record has a hit, or USCIS screwed up didn't send inquiry to FBI or it's delayed (read from somewhere in the Forum this happened). FBI is pretty good about informing you if you name check has been done. I got a faxed reply after 40 days, even I mistakenly put down my LIN# as A#. Try talk to some lawyers see if there is anything you can do about. This is unfortunate, but got be some way to find out. Rajiv is collecting question to ask the goverment in the lawsuit, this is definitely one.

I agree with hidden_dragon. It may be the name check that is holding your cases. I did my name check enquiry by fax on 04/27. I got response back from FBI (they sent a letter to my residence) informing me that name check was completed in Jan, 2003.

I also came across a post where his case was held after interview for name check. Later, he found that USCIS had never requested a name check to FBI for his case. Thus, it may be time to verify the name check.

-sk

Frodo.. My ND is also 04/27 and replied RFE on 01/30/04 no response so far.. do you guys think that we are stuck in so called "Name check". How long does it take to clear the name check ?.. How do we know the status of name check ?

I appreciate your inputs..

It certainly is frustrating, not hearing from the FBI. Maybe we should get help from our congressman/senators to check with FBI. After all FBI is another federal agency, and these folks should be able to liaise with the FBI. At least that's what my congressman says on his websit - that he would contact any federal agency on his constituent’s behalf.

PGK: my guess is that FBI never got the request from USCIS, and USCIS thinks that it has sent the request. I was looking at ND 4/27 data, and it seems that a lot of folks are in this limbo. Must be some kind of communication failure between USCIS and FBI systems :(

I have inquired about my name chack status several times by phone and fax. Have not gotten any response back from FBI yet.

My case should be pretty straight forward as I was subjected to Special Registration 1.5 years ago, and I assume FBI has already have my name in their system.

I have contacted another senator's office yesterday. They lady was very nice and was going to immediately call NSC and call me rihgt back. I kinda talked her out of that since it was past 4:30 central time. She is going to call me back today to tell me what the hold up is.

This is a pretty major screw up, isnt it!?

The lady from senator's office just called me back. She checked with NSC this morning and they have told her that the hold up is the security check. I asked her to follow that up with FBI but she nicely refused to do that. Her reason was she didnt get a nice answer last time she contacted them for a similar case. I told her I understood her position. She asked me to be in touch with her and contact her if the processing date passes my RD.

I guess this is the end of the story. I just send another fax to FBI and gave them my Special Registration number, hoping it would help.

So here is the million $ question: How can we expedite our name check cases or even get an answer from FBI!? They don't seem reachable!

#EB3RIR_MO
What number to contact FBI? What to ask? What is Special Registration?
-Thanks

FBI Phone # is 202-324-2399. Their fax # is 202-324-3367.

Special Registration was a program that has been suspended. Long story.

FBI response to my name check inquiry

Well, I was totally fed up with the waiting for the name check response and started drafting a letter to seek help from a Senator.

While I was writing, I got a fax from FBI in reply to my fax inquiry dated May 4, 2004, saying that "The FBI completed a record check for you on December 15, 2002, and for <my wife's name> on December 29, 2002. The results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. However, the FBI does not conduct security checks on children fourteen years of age and under."

Now I believe that our cases are adjustment-ready and hopefully we will see the approval soon.