More than 9 months and still I-140 has'nt been approved......

Aakash28

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My I-140 was filed back on March 18th, 2005. I checked online and the current processing dates at VSC for I-140 are May 14th - Can anyone please suggest what can be the reason for the delay? I am getting no help by calling INS (always keep telling me to wait) or from my lawyers (who keep saying that it is unsual - but they do not know why this might be happening - and to keep my fingers crossed and wait). So can anyone suggest what might be the deal? Have there been any cases where I-140 get approved even after 2-4 months passed on the curent processing date for I-140?

Thanks

there are many cases like you

Aakash28 said:
Hello,

Please provide some input on this issue.

Thanks

Hi,

There are many cases like you. Ask your attorney or employer to raise a request with VSC since your receipt date is already crossed the publishing dates more than a month. Please do not call VSC for 140. Either your employer or attorney should call VSC.

Good Luck

Thanks luck_2005,

The lawyer has already sent out a request letter to INS last month and also called in twice - but still when I call up the lawyer the reply is the same from the - "that it's unusual but I have no choice but wait". I was thinking to call up 1-800 # myself and ask them about what's taking so long for my I-140 as my RD has already crossed the dates published. But Like you suggested Why should'nt I call INS directly regarding I-140? Please suggest.

Thanks

Experts please suggest something on the above. Should I or should I not call INS for the delay in my I-140? Is this a normal delay - does this happen quite often? I-140 RD is March 18th 2005 - and there has'nt been any status change since then.

Thanks

Aakash28 said:
Experts please suggest something on the above. Should I or should I not call INS for the delay in my I-140? Is this a normal delay - does this happen quite often? I-140 RD is March 18th 2005 - and there has'nt been any status change since then.

Thanks

mine was approved after 9 months..since 140 is company petition your employer/attorney should call...i read in this forum that if you call yourself then it might lead into further problems..you may want to search this forum or ask experts..i have been reading this forum for quite long time and i am giving you this advise based on what i read here..

good luck

Mine took over 6 months, also some other folks from TSC took about 6 months. VSC may be alittle longer.

If you have a lawyer or your company dealing with a lawyer in your case, if you call the # they will not give you much clue, unless you are handling your own case, but you can always try. In the worse case, it will be like mine, when I called and asked for a delay on a RFE, I was told that my lawyer will have to deal with it. No harm done.

The I-140 approvals are very strange. Some apparently take 9 months, while mine only took 2 days - yes it's true - and was approved 5 months earlier than the processing dates published on the USCIS website. I am not sure that there is any logic behind why some take 9 months and others only a couple of days.

But in my case it has been almost 10 months now. So has there been such cases where I-140 approval pending has gone this far? Please let me know if there are an such cases anybody has heard of and which finally got approved?

Thanks

Hello,

Please let me know if anyone has been or is still in the same boat as I am - where it has been almost 10 months since I filed my I-140 under EB3 and I am still waiting for my I-140 approval.

Thanks