More than 2 Months - No Receipt!

MasterUSA

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

It has been more than 2 months since I mailed my N-400 and till today I have not received the receipt notice. However my wife got it within 2 weeks and was finger printed within 3 weeks which is normal for most cases.

I have called customer service about 4 times and every time I am getting different answers.

First they told me I should wait for at least 4 weeks and after waiting for 4 weeks then calling for the second time they told that I should be receiving my notice in about 2 weeks and after waiting for those two weeks I was told that I should wait for 60 days and now that I have crossed that 60 days timeline and when I called customer service they tell me I should wait for at least 60-90 days.

What is going here? Any thoughts?

MasterUSA: If your check has been cashed and you & wife used the same mailing address, take proof of that and mailing receipt proof & get an infopass appointment. They might be able to "find" you in the system if you are lucky to talk to someone who is reasonable. Just my 2 cents.

Call them to check. When I applied a year ago, I never received the receipt. I called them and gave my A number and they were able to give a receipt number which I used to creat an online account to check my status.

I suggest you call to verify your address and make sure they got your documents.

Cheers,

Newly

Thanks Citi2007 & NewlyMinted.

Everytime I called the customer service I have confirmed that they have the correct A# and I have been given the receipt number each time. The address,date of birth,name(First,Middle,Last) and everything else looks A-OK! When I punch in the receipt number to check the status I don't see anything.

I have an infopass appt. on 9/21. Will post my experience after I am done.

It appears USCIS customer service does not have valuable information to give to its applicants. From my experiece I somehow think they just want to blurt something over the phone so that they feel they have given some answer to my question and I get a feeling that I have talked to live person. What I don't understand is if they don't have a reasonable answer they should tell the applicants so that we don't waste our time or their's by calling again and again.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope my Infopass appointment will not be as disappointing as my phone customer service experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
MasterUSA said:
I have an infopass appt. on 9/21. Will post my experience after I am done.

If the case hasn't been transferred to your local DO, I don't know how much help Infopass will be able to provide. Instead, I would recommend calling the National Service Center and very politely discussing this with an immigration officer. Clearly say that you are afraid whether the notice has been lost in mail. They will be able to confirm whether or not it was mailed out.

NewlyMinted said:
Did you go to the link below?

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=eK3ZxnEX45R6

Once you put your receipt number in their, it should tell you something about your case. You should get your Priority Date and the time it takes to process this type of case. You did a good thing by scheduling an infopass appointment. They should be able to print a copy of the receipt for you.

Good luck,

Newly

Yes. I did visit the link and have been checking the status almost everyday hoping someday my case will show up. But no luck so far. Only my wife's case show up.

Thanks for your suggestion.

takadigi said:
If the case hasn't been transferred to your local DO, I don't know how much help Infopass will be able to provide. Instead, I would recommend calling the National Service Center and very politely discussing this with an immigration officer. Clearly say that you are afraid whether the notice has been lost in mail. They will be able to confirm whether or not it was mailed out.

Like I said in the earlier posting I have called customer service 4 times and each time I have spoken with them with all professional courtesy(knowing that granting citizenship is a privilege and NOT a right) and my phone conversation helped me only so much that it made me call customer serivce again and again.

I don't think my mail is lost. Because check's have been cashed and when I give my A# they are able to pull up my receipt number and the customer service can pull up all the information on my application. I think my case is there in the system but some thing else is holding it up from moving forward.

Well, I don't know if Infopass will be of any help but there is no harm in giving that a shot and see if someone can help me. I assume that you are telling from your experience or that of others that the Infopass appt. will not be helpful if the case is not transferred to the local DO. If that is true I will have to find someother way of getting to know my case status. We will see.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my Infopass appt. at 8:30 AM today(9/21) and arrived at USCIS office at 8:15 AM. I was called to the window at around 8:20 AM.

The officer was very polite and she greeted me with a "Good morning Sir, how may I help you?" I told her about my case and she asked for my GC and entered the A# spent few minutes looking at the screen and told me "We have you in the system." then she picked up the phone and called someone(I think she called VSC at St. Albans in Vermont) and gave my A# to the person at the other end and then I heard her say "OOOH that is why. Now we should be all set right?" and then she hung up the phone and told me "There has been a clerical mistake in entering your A# so the system could not read the A#. Now it has been taken care and you should get your receipt notice very soon"

I left the window saying "Thank you officer <officer name>".

So, it was a clerical error that messed up and was holding my case. I will have to wait and see what will happen next.

Thanks Citi2007 for suggesting Infopass appt. It helped a lot.