More than 1 misdemeanor DUI (Port of Entry Experiences)

softvirgo

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys

Anybody convicted of 2 or more misdemeanor charges had travelled outside united states and come back with Green card i.e Permanent Residency.

I got convicted of 2 misdemeanor charges and needs to go back to my home country but has a little scare of having some problems in coming back to USA.

My convictions were

1) Public Intoxication
2) DUI

My crimes were not consists of Moral turpitude and i was not only sentenced 10 days in jail in total for which I did the work project as substitute.

If anybody has any experiences please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

I do not think you should have any problems with reentering. I remember traveling and I do not think they have any way to check on your criminal record. I am pretty positive you should be fine. To make you fell better I had a second DUI just after sending my I -751. How stupid.
Do you have a permanent green card or conditional?

I remember traveling and I do not think they have any way to check on your criminal record.
USCIS is tied in with NCIC. If they want to they can check anyone's criminal record.

Multiple DUIs and Public Intoxication. Sounds like y'all need to lay off the alcohol.

You will be fine. I got approved for a GC with similar records (2 citations instead of 3) and I have already traveled on it and had no problem. I have completed substance abuse counseling as well for my AOS interview but that issues never came up.

The officer at the POE did ask me if I had ever been arrested after scanning my greencard. Of course I answered truthfully and after 3 minutes of friendly chat he let me in. I was entering from Canada.

2nd DUI

I am on H1B and just got a my second DUI in less than a year. I was planning to go for my H1B renewal in January and am very anxious as a 2nd DUI is deemed as 3rd degree gross misdemeanor and would that have any bearing on the issuance of the visa. Any comments or advise will be greatly appreciated.

what ispublic intoxication

Hello All

My name is ravi I am arrested andkept in jail for three hours for public intoxication and later released .They gave me 90 days probation period and said that case will be dismissed .I am on CPT now and i am worried as will it effect my future in any way?? H1 stamping greenc ard etc and problems in the future

Please let me know

I am having miserable nights as i couldnt forget this thing
Its a class C misdeameanour

Pleae help me in this case
waiting for reply

I got a DUI in 2003.. Will my I-485 give any problem due to this? let me know. My I-140 is approved... by the way

DUI (Port of Entry)

I got DUI in Dec. 2008 in California (First time) and Court judgment completed in Jan 2009 (Three years Probation, $1765 fine, 2days communnitcy servce and 3 Months DUI classes).
I completed 2 days community services and 3months DUI classes and paying fines every month.

I need to go back to my country for Two monhts (I got green card 3 years ago). Is there any problem while coming back to USA at Port of Entry. Would you please let me know asap.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sridhar

Hey guys

Anybody convicted of 2 or more misdemeanor charges had travelled outside united states and come back with Green card i.e Permanent Residency.

I got convicted of 2 misdemeanor charges and needs to go back to my home country but has a little scare of having some problems in coming back to USA.

My convictions were

1) Public Intoxication
2) DUI

My crimes were not consists of Moral turpitude and i was not only sentenced 10 days in jail in total for which I did the work project as substitute.

If anybody has any experiences please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

DUI (Port of Entry)

I got DUI in Dec. 2008 in California (First time) and Court judgment completed in Jan 2009 ((M23152(A) VC), Three years Probation, $1765 fine, 2days communnitcy service and 3 Months DUI classes).
I completed 2 days community services and 3months DUI classes and paying fines every month.

I need to go back to my country for Two monhts (I got green card 3 years ago). Is there any problem while coming back to USA at Port of Entry. Would you please let me know asap.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sridhar

Please post your experiences with multiple DUI in the port of entry --- Thing are getting tough now so be always be updated with latest news. It is not the America it used to be..There are lot of problems now. The first target is immigrants.

The first target is not immigrants, the first target is criminal aliens, green card holders or not. Under certain conditions, DUI is a CIMT and can lead to someones deportation.

Please post your experiences with multiple DUI in the port of entry --- Thing are getting tough now so be always be updated with latest news. It is not the America it used to be..There are lot of problems now. The first target is immigrants.

It is not very clear from your post what you mean. Can you please explain in details what are the possibilities of DUI offenders chances and choices of deportation or trouble in the port of entry for a green card holder.

Simply put, Immigration Agents are tired of dealing with law breaking alien drunk drivers who fail to obey our laws. They have found that they can charge, and remove a alien, if he has had a few prior convictions for DUI, and was caught driving again drunk while his drivers license was suspended. It is easier to remove someone for theft, but it can be done. So... if some alien gets his 3 DUI and is driving without a license, then he might want to start looking over his shoulder.

So you are saying legal immigrants who are caught drunk one time but generally has a good moral character will be deported and we come here because this country has fair law system. So where is the fairness. As far as taxes and social security and all other payments we pay equally as a citizen so why is the disparity. I hope you can make us understand it since you are so knowledgeable.

Did I say anything about one conviction for DUI! Someone who has 2 or 3 DUI and DUS should be worried that someone from CBP or ICE doesn't decide to go after them. If a court has told you that you can not drive a car for a certain period of time, and you do so and are drunk, then you don't have GMC because you can't follow the law and you endanger the public at large. Obama is going to attempt to make a lot more people citizens, but Congress will want to make it easier for the bad ones to be deported, I could see where a DUI conviction could be a useful tool.

So you are saying legal immigrants who are caught drunk one time but generally has a good moral character will be deported and we come here because this country has fair law system. So where is the fairness. As far as taxes and social security and all other payments we pay equally as a citizen so why is the disparity. I hope you can make us understand it since you are so knowledgeable.

with all due respect (not really) nobody is forcing you to drink and drive!
be responsible for your actions so you wont have to worry about questions like: "if i have 3 DUIs will I be deported?"

I think "dafortycal" is being his typical hard *** ... having a DUI or two shouldn't cause you any problems with ICS or POE or CBP officers if returning to the US.