More Puzzles on I-485 Approval

Rolling Hills

Registered Users (C)
I have two I-140s (EB1-EA and NIW) approved in geological time (millions of years ago). Each of my I-140 approval notices has its own Alien Number. I filed I-485 with the I-140 approval notice of EB1-EA, the First BUT, the I-485 receipt and EADs have the Alien Number of I-140 approval notice for NIW. The Second BUT, my RFE has the Alien Number of my I-140 approval notice for EB1-EA. The Third BUT, my I-1485 approval notice has the Alien Number of my I-140 approval notice for NIW again! Playful??!! Any thoughts???

On the I-485 approval notice, I have also noticed the following part:
Notice Type: Approval Notice
Section: Adjustment as direct
beneficiary of immigrant
petition

COA: E78

What does "COA: E78" mean? COA = Class of Admission?

Last edited by a moderator:
wilaborgc,
Your signature (below)
shows RIR EB3 labor PD june 2003 and you show that I485 was processed and RFE request...is this correct? If it is true that gives me some positive hope :) . My labor PD is July 2002 and I485 RD Feb 2004 My case was also RIR EB3 NSC
Any comments?

RIR EB3 NSC | Original Labor PD june 03 | I140 & I486 RD 10/22/03 | EAD 2 AD 1/01 | I 140 AD 11/18/04 | I485 RFE 12/14/04 | COB India
RFE: EVL,BC,Previous H1b copy, Work experience
RFE replied and recceived at NSC 1/24/05

No, I filed only one I-485. I just put the bizarre situation here and I am not expecting any answers from you. I will discuss it with my local office right before/after they stamp my passport next week.

Wilaborgc:

What do you mean by saying "English Translation Please......"? I am using English, but use it in my own way on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually asking because I want some answers.
I have two I-140s approved. The 485 is connected to the EB3 I-140. When my EB1-EA got approved, my lawyer snet them a letter with the approval asking them to switch the EB3 to EB1-EA. No word so far from them, so I have also filed for CP. Not as bizarre as your case, but I wish they would just approve my 485 by linking it to my EB1-Ea instead of me having to go all the way back to India for CP.