Morale problem

NYJguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My citizenship interview is coming in with in a month. I have some question to naturalization gurus:

I was booked for simple domestic Violence in 2002. But charges and case was dismmised after 60 day carry over time. Is this going to be a problem for me?

Apart from the above all my paper work is clear and not even traffic violations or traffic citiations for the past 12 years.

Can u guys comment on this.

I filed my application without attorney. However I did mention this in myN400 application and also submitted a court certified copy of Dismissed charges along with application.

Do u think is it still problem for me?

If charges were in fact dismissed and you can prove it, you will be fine. An arrest for domestic battery without a conviction can not be a basis for denying a naturalization application.

Hi,

I sent a court certified copy of saying charges are dismissed after 60 day carry order along with my application. Is it suffiencet or shall I have to grab more Info.

yechnical arrest, fingerprinted, mugshot, and released

stallion4949 said:
If charges were in fact dismissed and you can prove it, you will be fine. An arrest for domestic battery without a conviction can not be a basis for denying a naturalization application.

how about in my case, i was invited to answer a complaint of violation of order of prtocetion filed by my ex- wife. i voluntarily came to police precint after i got a call from the cop and the investigating cop told me that he is going to arrest me, starting to bok me by taking my finger prints ( 3 years before i got my GC) , mugshot but when he called my ex- wife and ex- mother in law stating i did not reallly violated it, the prosecuting lawyer decided not to push through the case and they let me go but i did not sign any paper, no release paper given to me, so my question was. Question, will i mention this to my citizenship application, since i am wondering if they will ask me for the copy of the chrages made, i dont have it and if they will ask me for the copy of the dismissed charges , i dont have it either. That night they just released me like that so i am asking will that constitute a REAL ARREST? , if i am not mistaken theere was no formal charges done and that confuses me when i will answer the question in 400 application whether i was arrested or not.
any opinion from u guys will be highly appreciated

The answer totally depends on the FBI background check.
I don't know if anyone here can tell you wheher this would appear there as an arrest or not.

If it doesn't appear there as an arrest then I don't think you should mention the incident as this incident is not an arrest and could just cause some head aches explaining it.

If it does appear there as an arrest you have to mention it and submit and carrry with you all the relevant paperwork. if you don't do that the interviewer will think you were trying to hide an arrest from him and will deny your application.

Maybe there is a way with the Freedom of Informatiion Act to find out what the FBI background check would find uner these circumstances.

no papers to prove

thats my point, there was no papers signed, no trial set.I dont have in my possesion about the charges neither about the relesed or about case not being filed or dropped, i was just released like that but my concern is the mugshot and the fingerprint,

stallion4949

stallion4949 said:

I submitted a court certified copy :saying that charges are dismissed from town Muncipal court. This has happened in 2002. The above evidence is sufficient or anything is needed. My case is based on 5 years completion category after PR.

Hi,

I have my interview schduled in next week. However as I said earlier I had a suspended simple domestic assault case on me. The case was dismissed.I admitted that in my N400 that the case was there and it is dismissed.

However I did tick yes to suspended sentence/been paroled/probabation by un-knowingly. Actually when my case was dismissed it was dismissed with 90 day carry order. I thought this will come under the above category, but looks like it is not.

What can I do to solve this? Will my citizenship denied because of this?

Can some gurus comment on this