Montreal CP sucess

netsurfer65

Registered Users (C)
Hi every one,

I have finally completed my CP at Montreal last week. Will post details of my experince here hortly. every thing went smooth and I am gld it is over. Not yet stamped in my passport, planing to do some time this week.

netsurfer65

My interview details - I

Guys,

First let me thank every one here who contributed to this forum. It has been very helpful.

My interview was scheduled at 10AM, reached the consulate by 8:50 and after usual security check (They need to see your appointment letter ) I was asked to go to basement and take elevator to 19th floor. After 30 min wait they started calling people with window numbers. There 5 windows for CP. After an hour we were called to window and fortunately , lady was very nice and she started taking to my son while she was arranging our papers. Then she asked for the originals ( BC, marriage , police clearance, I 9003 and passports ). She asked if I had affidavit of support when I told I did not have one with me she gave a form and asked to fill it before my interview. She marked in a sheet of all document submitted and made a note of my wife BC ( No BC for my wife just affidavit ).

After 30 min again they have started calling people to booth B. That is the only booth B was open that day. One lady officer ( Mary Greatfield ) was conducting all interviews. They are between 5-10 Min max.. and only one family went out after interview and rest of the people was approved when I was there. There were 27 applicants I could count that day and we were 14th or 15th interviewed that day.

Details of my interview..

As we walked in officer was locking at out applications. As we went in she asked us to raise our right hand and asked if the information provided in the application was correct. When we said it was .. she proceeded to check all papers . Once she found every thing was in order. She talk to my son and asked how old he was ( He was 5 ) and what is his name etc.. just small talk and she was very pleasant. Then she asked my where I work and did I lived in US. When I told where I work and I lived in US before. She noticed my present address is in Canada and asked me if I am still working for the same company. Then I explained that I do work for the same company and I just commute from Canada daily. And my work place in US is just 20 miles from border. She asked my wife do you work and answer was NO. Then she said it will not take much longer and she checked our file in computer and said we were approved of our visa’s and we will get out packets in 15 min. Also told us to pay the issuing fee and wait out side. ( $65 per person )

Over all I was very lucky that whole thing went smooth. Our packets were given in 15 min.. after we checked the information on the packets we left for out hotel.

No Tax receipts or bank statements are asked. Not requested for any other documents.

Will be happy to answer any specific question.

Good luck to you all.

One Family Went Out...

NetSurfer,

Congratulations! Thanks for posting your details.

You mentioned that one family went out after the interview. I hope it was a case of missing documents, and not a refusal.

No Title

Congrats again netsurfer65!

i know you mentioned that they did not ask for any other documents
other than ( BC, marriage , police clearance, I 9003 and passports ),
but my lawyer has sent me another set of DS-230 Part 1 and 2 filled out even though we had sent one with Pkt 3. Was just curious to see if you were asked again for those in addition to the original docs? (indian
consulates I think expect you to submit these forms again during the
interview)

No Title

We were asked to submit DS 230 part 1 & 2 at the time of interview. There were few people who did not have these forms filled. They were asked to fill out these forms at the time of the interview.

Anita Pandit:

Just wondering if you consular processed in Montreal? I was required to submit both forms in Packet III.

Packet 4 from NVC took how long to reach you?

How long does the packet 4 take once NVC says it has been mailed out? Anyone?

CANDIAN PCC

i HAD SENT IN MY ORIGINAL CANADIAN PCC WITH PACKET 3.DO THEY ASK FOR THE ORGINAL DURING THE INTERVIEW TOO??

Packet 4 & PCC

I have received my packet 4 in 3 days after they have mailed from NVC. It was very quick. When I have called NVC they have informed me my packet 4 was mailed on 8th Nov and I they did mail on 7th Nov and I got it by 9th Friday mail.

About Canadian PCC. If you have sent the original with packet 3 they may not ask for it again. What I have noticed is that consulate receives the packet 3 as we sent to NVC.

Good luck for both of you.