Montreal & OF-169

gcDrone

Registered Users (C)
Montreal CP experts,

Since you are sending all the original documents with Packet 3 to NVC, do you need OF-169 for Montreal?

Info on photographs - San Francisco Bay Area

If anyone has information on local Bay Area picture studio for interview and medical pictures?

Your reply is apprecaited.

Ravi

OF-169 is only a check list

From what I know, OF-169 known as
"Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants"
is only a check list.
Eelavan

Submission is required.

Eelavan,

If you look up OF-169, you\'ll notice the print at the end of the form:

"...you will not be scheduled for an appointment until you submit this form...".

A way for the consulate to insure that you possess all documents.

My guess is, since we submit the actual documents in P3, we do not need OF-169 for Montreal. Could someone please confirm this?

No Title

gcDrone,

you are prepared to send your originals itself to NVC, why the
hesitation to send OF-169? if they don\'t need it, don\'t be worried
that they don\'t have return postage to mail it back to you :)

"Prepared"? No. Required? Yes.

Torontorian, consider yourself lucky that your NVC processing occurred before this dreadful change in policy. I was never prepared to send my originals. Unfortunately, after an exhaustive investigation, I learned that there was no other way out :(

Originals, or certified copies by the same agency that issued the originals. Period. Anything else you send is a waste of your time, and will add extra months.

My P3 will be sent to NVC by firm lawyer. They did not ask me for OF-169. That made me wonder if the lawyer overlooked it, or if it is simply not required. Haven\'t heard back from the lawyer.

So I\'d like to hear from someone who is in the same boat.
As an aside, I\'d be glad to send as many copies of OF-169 as they need, and then some more :)

ps: did you send OF-169?

Yes . It is a required document.

That was my first query received from NVC. NVC was holding my without sending it to Montreal because, their copy did not have OF-169. My lawyer said they sent it. The copy of packet III sent to me from lawyer also had it. But NVC did not have it with them.

So, Just send OF-169.