Mom's visa rejected twice

gcpain1

Registered Users (C)
I am posting this quesition here since the other forum is dead. Please respond

My Mom appeared for the second time to get a visa and they rejected her. They asked her, your daughter has been living in the US for 6 years now and you did not go all this while so why do you want to go now. my mom explaind how she had a young son to take care of and now he is a bit grown so she can go away from home for while. well they refused again under section 214(b). does this mean my mom will neve be able to visit me ever again?

gcpain1 said:

My Mom appeared for the second time to get a visa and they rejected her. They asked her, your daughter has been living in the US for 6 years now and you did not go all this while so why do you want to go now. my mom explaind how she had a young son to take care of and now he is a bit grown so she can go away from home for while. well they refused again under section 214(b). does this mean my mom will neve be able to visit me ever again?

same thing happened to my mom....first they said you didnt show any property and they refused her visa second time they said you never traveled before and refused her visa.....but keep in mind I am from Pakistan

dont know what logic they apply and i have to many friends their parents came and went back....i think its just our hard luck

gcpain1 said:

When your Mom goes for visa, she should not tell them that she is coming here to take care of your children. She should tell them that she is coming here for a visit.

So sad..

In this forum earlier also it was mentioned never to mention about kids.

Just say we have free time and going for 1 months for pleasure.
Also if they are 60+ , chances are less for denial.
My 2 cents

so sorry to hear that. I was planning to bring my parents for a visit. looks like I will need lots of luck too.

I think the above two understood the issue in a hurry. mom had to take care of the young one in India, so did not travel previously.

Guys Guys ...

Just tell them that u are going for a visit , dont give explanations like my son is too small, my kids are not feeling well , i need to take care of my grand children.....i had severe cold so i could not go earlier to US ...blah blah... it dont work with them ( it works with indians ... :rolleyes: )

They dont go by all this, they dont beleive in all this , just tell them i am going to visit USA thats all. ( unless u have any other reason , show them the proper documentation ) Give them want they want and they will be happy. Be a Roman in Rome

my 2 cents..

Tx.

dmun said:
Guys Guys ...

Just tell them that u are going for a visit , dont give explanations like my son is too small, my kids are not feeling well , i need to take care of my grand children.....i had severe cold so i could not go earlier to US ...blah blah... it dont work with them ( it works with indians ... :rolleyes: )

They dont go by all this, they dont beleive in all this , just tell them i am going to visit USA thats all. ( unless u have any other reason , show them the proper documentation ) Give them want they want and they will be happy. Be a Roman in Rome

my 2 cents..

Tx.

totally agree with dmun. No reasons. Why are you going now? Because I want to visit great US cities like Vegas, Orlando, NY. Why you didn't go before? Have been thinking about it for a long time but want to actually do it this year.

- ab

Another important thing is, give them some sound resons that your mother will return back to India like property documents there, bank account statments, pension plans ( if any) she is getting.
Good Luck

Call your senator, she/he might be able to help

my mother-in-law was denied once and we called the senator. i worte a letter to her explaining that i wanted my mother-in-law to come so she could see her grandchild. we explained that at this time we cannot go to India. she wrote a letter and asked me to contact the congressman who on her recommendation helped formulate a letter to the Embassy in Bombay. we gave them the date when my mother-in-law would go for the visa and they e-mailed the letter that morning to the embassy, because the embassy cleans their e-mail every 24 hours of once sent there.
hope this helps. :)
my mother-in-law got her visa based on that and they gave it to her only for 6 months, she stayed for 2 months but then the second time she applied for it by drop box she got it for ten years.

rosebh,

I am planning to contact the Senator/COngressman. what is the procedure
I live in NJ.
can you share who did u contact..if you happen to live in Jersey may be I approach the same person.
What is the time line of all this. and is there any format you followed

Really appreciate it

Thanks
parshu

rosebh said:
my mother-in-law was denied once and we called the senator. i worte a letter to her explaining that i wanted my mother-in-law to come so she could see her grandchild.

rosebh,

Good suggestion about the senator - should surely do that. However, I would suggest not mentioning the reason as "see her grandchild" and go with a tourism reason instead. Visit visa is for tourism purpose (US organizations generate revenue) and these days, "seeing a grandchild" is sometimes interpreted by the consulate as "take care of the grandchild as a illegal nanny" (US citizens loosing revenue).

my 2 cents worth,

- ab

contact for senator

i contacted Debbie Stabanov in Michigan via e-mail. Just go to the site for your senator and there may be a spot where you can contact her/him by e-mail or a number to call.
Good luck.
i had stated to see my grandchild becasue Hussain was 2months and my father-in-law had just passed away and my mother-in-law wanted to see my son.