• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Mom's first DV entry and Spouse's (dad) info

Glistenpearls

Registered Users (C)
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I'm 2008 DV winner and this year I'm thinking to get my mom to enter the lottery.

Just a little background, my mom and dad no longer live in the same house but they are not divorce but yet he has his other family on the side now.

Theoretically, my mom still has to list herself as "married" as her status and enter all spouse's information (my dad's name, DOB, etc).

My questions based on the above are:
1. If she win, can she go to the interview alone? Will the officer disqualify her because my dad is absent?

2. I imagine if she put N/A for question 21a and 21b (from DS-230 form) that equates that she's not taking him with her, am I correct?

Please help-and thanks in advance for your advices

My questions based on the above are:
1. If she win, can she go to the interview alone? Will the officer disqualify her because my dad is absent?
Depends on the consulate. In most cases she can. In some others he needs to be present, even if he does not apply for a visa.

2. I imagine if she put N/A for question 21a and 21b (from DS-230 form) that equates that she's not taking him with her, am I correct?
Right.