Mom visiting after 2nd extension. (has 10 year multiple visa)

robin_m

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
My mom was given multiple 10 year visa, during her last visit we had to extend her visa twice and it was approved both times :) She then left before i-94 expires, stayed out of country for 2 years, and wants to visit us again now.

visited us in 10/2002
1st extension approved until 10/2003
2nd extension approved until 4/2004
she left before i-94 expired.

Q1) Will it be ok at POE to visit after the 2 extensions and ~2years gap since then.? What are questions to expect at POE? Is there anybody in similar situation?
Q2) Is it ok to tell that both her daughter and son are living in US that that's why she want to visit us. ?
Q3) what are the documents to carry?

thanks for your help.

List of Documents needed for B2 Extension

Hi,

Can you mail me the list of documents you applied with for the B2 Extension? Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Just check with the Consulate or call the USCIS line, because the maximum stay permitted to a B2 visa is one year and she was here a year and 6 months? In any case will be good that she carry with her the approval letters for the extensions.
Good luck,

>>Just check with the Consulate or call the USCIS line, because the >>maximum stay permitted to a B2 visa is one year and she was here a year >>and 6 months?

Is the above statement true? if yes, i wonder how they gave us the extension 2 times. Is anyone else in a similar situation?, please send me your experience or understanding of these matters..

sure, my mom will carry all the documents and we'll see what happens.

You know, I read that on Extension of Stay from http://www.immihelp.com/visas/extend.html

And I found it in others website but I got curious now because is just on those website and normally I got info from the main sources except in this case my apologies in that matter...(which I think is better) and I haven't found anything about 1 year maximum for B1/B2 visas on the USCIS website and have been trying to find the law that regulates the extension of stay and B2 visas and even can't find the law...the uscis website is pretty anoying in that part of the search...but on the state deparment webiste I found a link for "companions" and states that the B2 visa can be given an extension every six months..but later on states something like just in that case...so I go back to point zero.

In general, don't worry. Your mother have all the paperwork and that is the important thing. Plus she always demostrate that she enter and she return.

Good luck,

Okay I still can't find the law, but I found other website that says on 6 months every time that you ask for the extension. Doesn't say anything about the one year.
Many people in other forum thought about the one year...I will post over them and see what they tell me...
good luck!