Mom got married to a US Citizen.. Can she petition for me?

Classics

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I came to US with an H4B (dependent to my mom with work visa) when I was 15 on August 1, 2007, placed out of status when she got re-married to a US citizen (I was 18 then), and applied for an F1 status which is still pending.

Mom got remarried in 2010, and she received her temporary green card this year. However, by the time she become a permanent resident, I will be over 21.

Does anybody have any suggestion regarding my case? Any suggestion at all would be much appreciated.

Hello,

I came to US with an H4B (dependent to my mom with work visa) when I was 15 on August 1, 2007, placed out of status when she got re-married to a US citizen (I was 18 then), and applied for an F1 status which is still pending.

Mom got remarried in 2010, and she received her temporary green card this year. However, by the time she become a permanent resident, I will be over 21.

Does anybody have any suggestion regarding my case? Any suggestion at all would be much appreciated.

Study hard and get good grades. An employment-based visa could be as quick as a family-based visa for you.

Hi,

I wasn't told of my status by my mom until I graduated high school. I received a scholarship for 2 years and got in to a community college. When we filed for an F-1, my parents didn't know that they'll be paying out of state if the visa gets approved. They can't afford to send me to school paying $4000 every semester, and that's only for a community college...

I wish I can qualify for deferred action, but because I came to US a few weeks after June 15, 2007, I'm not eligible.