MOM GC Applied and under processing -- Can she stay in US

palaceofhyd

Registered Users (C)
Experts,

I have applied for my Mom's GC and we received the I797 for I-130, 485 and 131. Her I-131 is approved.

Do i need to extend her I-94 or can she stay in US without the I-94 extension?

Thanks in advance

Regards

With a receipt of notice - does this mean the 485 is pending or do I need to get additional documentation from ins? Thanks for the help

With the I-485 receipt notice she can stay legally until the case is decided. No additional documentation necessary if she only wants to stay. But more documents will be required if she wants to work or get a driver's license or state ID.

I think you can help me on this. Same case.

I would like to sponsor GC for my mom, who is currently in US for the past over 2 months. I need to know what forms need to filed wtih her application. Per my understanding I have file these forms

I-130
I-485
I-864
I-693
G-325A

Do all forms need to be submitted together at the time of application or any form needs to be filed at the later stage of the process.

Can I also file a travel document application with this package and do it need to pay any fees if filed along with above forms?

Do I need my moms birth certificate and what form requires that document? We don't have her BC so what are her options?

Appreciate your help here.

Thanks,
Soul

I think you can help me on this. Same case.

I would like to sponsor GC for my mom, who is currently in US for the past over 2 months. I need to know what forms need to filed wtih her application. Per my understanding I have file these forms

I-130
I-485
I-864
I-693
G-325A

Do all forms need to be submitted together at the time of application or any form needs to be filed at the later stage of the process.

Can I also file a travel document application with this package and do it need to pay any fees if filed along with above forms?

Do I need my moms birth certificate and what form requires that document? We don't have her BC so what are her options?

Appreciate your help here.

Thanks,
Soul

Yes, they should all be filed together in the same envelope, but the "I-130 package" and "I-485 package" should separated but in the same envelope. The I-864 and I-693 and G-325A are supporting documents for the I-485.

You can (and it is strongly recommended to) file I-765 for EAD (work authorization) and I-131 for Advance Parole (for travel) together with the I-130 and I-485. Again, they should be in the same envelope but separated. Both of them are free when filed based on the I-485.

The I-485 requires her birth certificate. Depending on the country, the documents that are acceptable vary. The I-130 requires your birth certificate to prove the relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick reply. She is a citizen of pakistan but was born in India. Its not possible to get a certificate from a country where is not a resident anymore. Any idea what she would require in absence of her BC.
Yes, they should all be filed together in the same envelope, but the "I-130 package" and "I-485 package" should separated but in the same envelope. The I-864 and I-693 and G-325A are supporting documents for the I-485.

You can (and it is strongly recommended to) file I-765 for EAD (work authorization) and I-131 for Advance Parole (for travel) together with the I-130 and I-485. Again, they should be in the same envelope but separated. Both of them are free when filed based on the I-485.

The I-485 requires her birth certificate. Depending on the country, the documents that are acceptable vary. The I-130 requires your birth certificate to prove the relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a citizen of pakistan but was born in India. Its not possible to get a certificate from a country where is not a resident anymore.

I don't know specifically about India, but in most countries it is possible to get a birth certificate when you're no longer a resident, by having a close relative or lawyer in the given country obtain the birth certificate (assuming the birth occurred in that country and was registered).

I can understand I-131 but why EAD? I mean if mom is not ever going to work even then the EAD is essential?
What does the EAD do other then allow you to work?

I can understand I-131 but why EAD? I mean if mom is not ever going to work even then the EAD is essential?
What does the EAD do other then allow you to work?
EAD allows one to apply for SSN and serves as an interim ID showing legal residence in US. Nowadays USCIS issues one document for EAD and advance parole.

EAD allows one to apply for SSN and serves as an interim ID showing legal residence in US. Nowadays USCIS issues one document for EAD and advance parole.

I din't know that. So there is no fee for filing EAD and AP when applied with the 485?
I will do that for my mom also then.

Also she has only 2 months remaining on her current I-94 here. She is on Visitor Visa.
Is this cutting too close to apply now?

I din't know that. So there is no fee for filing EAD and AP when applied with the 485?
I will do that for my mom also then.

Also she has only 2 months remaining on her current I-94 here. She is on Visitor Visa.
Is this cutting too close to apply now?

There is no additional fee for EAD and AP when applied with I-485.

Once the application to adjust status is received by USCIS and acknowledged, the applicant remains in a legal status regardless of I-94 date.

For form G- 325A Biometric information - In case of widow mother, do we need to fill out dad information. The form asks for current and former husband information. For the former husband, it requires a date and place of termination of marriage. This is what is confusing. Do I leave both blanks or write none? Appreciate any help.

For form G- 325A Biometric information - In case of widow mother, do we need to fill out dad information. The form asks for current and former husband information. For the former husband, it requires a date and place of termination of marriage. This is what is confusing. Do I leave both blanks or write none? Appreciate any help.

Ask your mother when and where she divorced her first husband.

Well I am in a similar situation where my dad passed away - so I have put in his details and in the

Welll I am in the similar sitution - my dad passed away - so I have included his details and in the paranthesis I have mentioned passed away. Good luck

Guys,

For the medical examination, do you guys know what vaccinations are required. My mom is 72. I called two doctors offices. One office asked me to do Tetnus, MMR, Chicken pox & TB testing and the other is asking to get Tetnus, Chicken Pox, Pneumonia & TB tests. So the difference b/w two is one is asking for MMR and the other for Pneunmonia. Can someone please clarify what is needed here.

I was thinking of leaving that blank. But will do the same, Thanks.

Can you let me know what vaccinations your mom got? I got some confusion info from two different docs.
Welll I am in the similar sitution - my dad passed away - so I have included his details and in the paranthesis I have mentioned passed away. Good luck

Guys,

For the medical examination, do you guys know what vaccinations are required. My mom is 72. I called two doctors offices. One office asked me to do Tetnus, MMR, Chicken pox & TB testing and the other is asking to get Tetnus, Chicken Pox, Pneumonia & TB tests. So the difference b/w two is one is asking for MMR and the other for Pneunmonia. Can someone please clarify what is needed here.
I think my mom got pneumonia too. Since I live in Chicago I thought this would be good to take. Ask for price and make a call.