Modify D156 and D157? Urgently need help.

sb41

Registered Users (C)
Can you modify information in the two forms after you have scheduled an appointment?
My wife is planning to appear at the Delhi consulate for her H1 stamping. She came to US on H4 visa. One of the questions on the form D157 was mistakingly filled out incorrectly during her H4 visa appointment. Will she have any problems when she appears for an interview this time?

The forms which you taken with you to the consulate are the only ones that matter. You can fill them any number of times. It shouldn't matter.

Priyanka_K said:
The forms which you taken with you to the consulate are the only ones that matter. You can fill them any number of times. It shouldn't matter.
Thanks for everyone's feedback. Can someone also please provide feedback on my second question? Does VO look at the D-157 forms from previous visa appointment? In our case my wife didn't fill out her complete work experience when she came to US on H4. Now she is going for an H1 stamping and we want to provide her complete experience on D-157 to match the I-129.

sb41 said:
Thanks for everyone's feedback. Can someone also please provide feedback on my second question? Does VO look at the D-157 forms from previous visa appointment? In our case my wife didn't fill out her complete work experience when she came to US on H4. Now she is going for an H1 stamping and we want to provide her complete experience on D-157 to match the I-129.

In most cases VO does not look at previous appointment papers but if they want to they can surely do that. I am sure they must be having a record somewhere and if you go to Mumbai consulate where you have to send documents 5 days in advance, that gives them lot of time to verify whetever they want.