MN - Xfer, Interview & Approval

XFandApproved

Local MN office interview and stamping experience

Interview letter stated to bring just PP, I-94, EAD, and Driver Licence. We carried a all possible documents just to ensure if officer tries to surprise us with some strange document request. ..J u all know what I mean..right…

Not many questions or documents were asked to produce in the interview. The whole interview took 15-20 minutes for both of us. Officer introduced himself, made us take oath, took PP AP I-94 EAD card. Then went thru I-485 application sheets. He verified all the info entered on this application (with some 10 questions like …were you convicted/arrested anytime, do u practice polygamy, how many kids, any deportation before…blah..blah..—Answer to all these questions are NO. HINT – check your 485 application thoroughly before the interview). All this things took nearly 10-15 minutes. Then we were asked to wait in the lobby till he gets A#. Within 10-15 minutes he came up to us in waiting lobby and handed over the stamped PP. Officer was kinda upset that my case got transferred (btw..transfer reason being marriage just before I-485 application). It was total BS as I had nearly 20 months of gap between marriage and I485. That’ s why IIO was pissed that NSC transferred my case to MN and wasted his time with this interview process. Anyways, no complaints from me regarding the interview. It was fun. Atleast now my whole immigration file is clean, up-to-date and complete with the all possible documents in-order (I am trying find something good out of this totally unnecessary interview mess..;-)

My details :
Center - NSC
PD : 6/00
ND : 5/01
RD : 5/01
FP : 6/01
Transfer : 3/01
Interview notice : June 02
Interview & stamping : July 02.
I did not do any 2nd FP or medical for the interview.

Good luck to you all.

:cool:

Wife's 485 transferred to Local INS

Congrats!!!

Could you let us know How long did it take from the date of notification of case transferred to the date of interview?

Thanks a lot!!!

kantry please?

what country? why do you think this is "unnecessary" interview mess? I think everybody is on the same boat and nobody gets any preferential treatment. thnx.

Gheewhale.....

Read the entire post and start thinking why I said "unnecessasry inetrview mess".... (Hint - If you don't understand read it again....If you still don't understand just give up thinking you may be wrong...LOL)

Kountry is India.

For Others :
--------------
Very surprisingly we received our Plastc Card last week ( in just 15 days) . Go NSC...

Kimra

To your question......It was approx of 4 months from the date of XF to Interview. I have even noticed @ MN, if it is just spouse file XF, tehy will not even call for interview. Instead you will get notice for I-89 with congratulation message. I-89 is nothing but a finger printing for Plastc Card ( not the usual finger printing we do for I-485).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the Input!

Hi,

Thank you very much for the feedback. My wife got the 'case transferred' notification on july 1st. From what i hear we'd expect the interview(or I-89) notification anywhere from november of 2002.

Do you know anyone(spouse only case) posted their experience in minnesota? in this forum.

Thanks Again.

NEED help in MN XFER case :(

Hi Guys NEED HELP ...

Mine also got transferred along with my wife on 03/12/02 to Local MN INS office and my spouse case got approved on July 5th and got stamped in INS extention center. But Mine is still pending in Local INS but today I received a GREEN color sheet from Local INS office for Interview on 10/28/02 and at the same time they are asking me to go for finger prints on 08/28/02. And in the Green letter they asked me to bring all the original certificates along with I-94 entry sheet. And they specified be there with my spouse for interview and that is going to be TAPED... I am bit scarred, it is been almost 5 months got transferred to Local INS. And prior to that they requested me to submit my current employment letter from my employar on May 28th and I did submitted as per request.

Can Any one been to this type of situation like mine.. please let me know , so that i gives me confidence.... I and very much scared about this interview and what is going to happen. Any help is appriciated...

Any Idea why my case is going like this time taking.

Detail of my case

I-140 approved end of Sep'2000
I-485 RD 4/17/01
ND 5/02/01
FP 6/13/01
MN Xfer 03/12/02
RFE responded 05/28/02
interview letter with Again FP notice received on 08/16/02

????? waiting to be approved.. with out any more problems...

Thanks
Raj

Raj, quick question for you.

1) Who's the primary applicant. Is that you or your spouse?

2) Did you both apply for your 485 within 6 months from your wedding?

3) From what I understand from your posting it took 4 months to get a interview letter from the time you got notice about case transferred, right?
(March - July)

I'd appreciate your feedback a lot.

I have been hearing the interviews are simple. Keep the required documents and you'll be just fine. Also make sure to verify with your attorney on any extra documents.

Thank you and Goodluck!!!

I am the primary person for this case and yes i got married in the month of Nov'00 before my 485 application , may this could be the reason. And coming to transfer date, they transfered both of our cases to Local INS on 03/12/02 and opened cases in Local INS on May 19th 2002 and requested for RFE for employment letter. After one month they approved my spouse case and last week i received a mail from Local INS for interview on oct'28 2002. But before that in the month of Aug 2002 i need to go for finger prints again.

Thanks