MMR Vaccine - Medical Test for 485

apahilaj

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I had a quick question which I hope some one will be able to answer:

When I went to take my medical test for 485 application, the nurse asked if I had already taken MMR vaccination. I had already taken the vaccine in 1999 in order to enroll for Master's education in US. Based on that, the nurse did not give me vaccine for MMR - she just gave me one vaccine for TD and she mentioned in the supplemental form that the MMR vaccines were already given to me in the year 1999.

I am assuming that this should be OK - I shouldn't have to get these vaccines again. Does any one have a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.

it is only a matter of the history record. So, if your doctor can counter-sign your vaccine history. You are good to go.

you should be fine, but the civil surgeon will likely ask for a serum titer(blood test showing evidence of previous vaccination) once you get the blood test done the Physician can document it in the report.

IQ

Best thing is if you can show them the paper(Vaccination medical record) documenting that you had already received the vaccine, then they do not even need to do any blood test and you can get the medical clearance

Apahilaj, you should be fine. Same happened to me, I had MMR done previously in the US. Bring somekind of proof that u had MMR done and simply make sure the nurse/doc reports in the medical form for USCIS that your MMR is current (ask for a copy of the medical form.
Cheers