Miw As A Physician Working In An Underserved Area

danilo4

Registered Users (C)
NIW As A Physician Working In An Underserved Area

HI , I AM A PHYSICIAN WORKING IN AN UNDERSERVED AREA. I AM DEBATING MY SELF ABOUT WHEATHER TO APPLY FOR A NIW MY SELF OR HIRE A LAWYER TO DO IT FOR ME.IT IS MONEY THAT I DON'T HAVE RIGHT NOW. ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT TO DO. IS IT DIFFICULT?. I BELIEVE I HAVE ALL THE PAPERS FOR EVIDENCE THAT I NEED , BUT I I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REQUEST AN UPDATED LETTER FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE. MY LETTER WAS ISSUED IN 2002 WHEN MY WAIVER WAS APPROVED, AND AS FAR AS I KNOW I NEED TO SUBMIT A LETTER THAT NEEDS TO BE DATED NO MORE THAN 6 MONTHS. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ON THIS?. WHAT KIND OF COVER LETTER DO I NEED FOR THAT AND WHERE EXACTLY IS THE REQUEST TO BE SENT TO?

THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by danilo4
HI , I AM A PHYSICIAN WORKING IN AN UNDERSERVED AREA. I AM DEBATING MY SELF ABOUT WHEATHER TO APPLY FOR A NIW MY SELF OR HIRE A LAWYER TO DO IT FOR ME.IT IS MONEY THAT I DON'T HAVE RIGHT NOW. ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT TO DO. IS IT DIFFICULT?. I BELIEVE I HAVE ALL THE PAPERS FOR EVIDENCE THAT I NEED , BUT I I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REQUEST AN UPDATED LETTER FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE. MY LETTER WAS ISSUED IN 2002 WHEN MY WAIVER WAS APPROVED, AND AS FAR AS I KNOW I NEED TO SUBMIT A LETTER THAT NEEDS TO BE DATED NO MORE THAN 6 MONTHS. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ON THIS?. WHAT KIND OF COVER LETTER DO I NEED FOR THAT AND WHERE EXACTLY IS THE REQUEST TO BE SENT TO?

THANK YOU

Please turn off your caps lock.

What waiver are you talking about?

niw for physician working in an underserved area

i am currently working in a rural area, i got my h1b under the waiver for the 2 years home residency. the waiver was approved by the state 20 conrad program and by the department of health of california. I am trying to apply for niw permanent residency in the same place and same work.

Re: niw for physician working in an underserved area

Originally posted by danilo4
i am currently working in a rural area, i got my h1b under the waiver for the 2 years home residency. the waiver was approved by the state 20 conrad program and by the department of health of california. I am trying to apply for niw permanent residency in the same place and same work.

There is a specific message board for physicians, so it would be better if you posted your waiver question there, as most here (I think) are not physicians.

As for the NIW, I understand there are some pitfalls for medical doctors. I will admit that I am not up to date on these things. I should think at least a consultancy with an immigration attorney specilaizing in physicians would be worth the money.

Brian