mistaken identity problems, any one experienced this?

Golovko

I had my interview today. Everything went well until the interviewer asked if I had ever had deportation hearings against me, to which I said no, since I never have. He said he had other information to the contrary. He told me someone with my name, same date of birth, and country of origin had deportation hearings against them. This has to be a mistake. I've been in the United States since I was 4 years old, over 20 years ago, coming over with my entire family, sponsored by relatives, and have never had any problems with the law, much less immigration.

The officer at the end of the interview said he had a few outstanding things to look into regarding my file, needed to talk to his supervisor and then mentioned the next steps as far as receiving an oath letter, where to appear, which seems to imply there wouldn't be a problem with this (unless this is standard boilerplate at the end of an interview). I really should have asked more questions, like did this person have the same social/alien number? I am not sure how to proceed now, or if I just wait. I would like to contact the officer and see if there is any information I could provide to clarify the situation.

Has anyone dealt or know of a similiar situation?

Golovko said:
I had my interview today. Everything went well until the interviewer asked if I had ever had deportation hearings against me, to which I said no, since I never have. He said he had other information to the contrary. He told me someone with my name, same date of birth, and country of origin had deportation hearings against them. This has to be a mistake. I've been in the United States since I was 4 years old, over 20 years ago, coming over with my entire family, sponsored by relatives, and have never had any problems with the law, much less immigration.

The officer at the end of the interview said he had a few outstanding things to look into regarding my file, needed to talk to his supervisor and then mentioned the next steps as far as receiving an oath letter, where to appear, which seems to imply there wouldn't be a problem with this (unless this is standard boilerplate at the end of an interview). I really should have asked more questions, like did this person have the same social/alien number? I am not sure how to proceed now, or if I just wait. I would like to contact the officer and see if there is any information I could provide to clarify the situation.

sorry to hear about your missfortune
what i find strange is , it is imposible for that person to have the same Social Security number or same Driver License(live in the same town, state) and most importantly have the same finger prints
wish you good luck .

Golovko said:

I really think it is a good idea to schedule an infopass and talk to a Supervisor about what happened in the interview, and see to make sure there is no identity theft.

Don't just wait, as if that deportation was actually on file, you could be a victim of identity theft, and definitely would get denied since, as they assume, you lied in the interview and said you never been deported. Don't wait, act fast please.