Mistake

cinoeye

Registered Users (C)
I made a mistake on the N-400 form, marking female instead of male when checking gender. Just mailed yesterday and banks and post offices are closed today and tomorrow. What should I do?

Thank you!
How shure you are?
It's under the section Information FOr your Criminal Records search-

What are my options? Should I void my check and send everything again?
Should I call them on Tuesday(Holiday tomorow) and see what can I do?

Certainly call them and ask them directly. FBI checks need to happen before interview, so that might be a concern. I would call USCIS and see what they suggest.

Haha, that's what I tought.

ANd yea FBI check is before the interview, so thats I'm concerned.
I' mean I have wife and we have a kid(other on the way).

I would void check and send again, but my wife thinks we should call them first.

cinoeye said:
Haha, that's what I tought.

ANd yea FBI check is before the interview, so thats I'm concerned.
I' mean I have wife and we have a kid(other on the way).

I would void check and send again, but my wife thinks we should call them first.
I would suggest, after you get the receipt letter, make an infopass, and get it corrected.
chao.

Ciao Miss.
THank you for your advice.
Can you be more specific, what should I do and how to? :)

THank you!

I am not sure about InfoPass, don't you need the application to be at the DO before making InfoPass fruitful? I would think USCIS customer service line might be able to handle the stuff better that is at the service center rather than local DO.

easier still...

Just cancel your checks. Put a stop payment on them. They, they will return your application to you. You can resubmit with the correction.

That way, you do lose some time, but much less than mucking around with the USCIS and trying to figure out where the app is...

Checks?
I have only one for FP andf form?
Anyhow... thats's what I was thinking, but I'll try to call them early Tuesday and see.

cinoeye said:
I made a mistake on the N-400 form, marking female instead of male when checking gender. Just mailed yesterday and banks and post offices are closed today and tomorrow. What should I do?
After reading the different responses I believe that scarlethawk's and NYGirls advice is most valid.

I agree, but somehow my guts are telling me just to cancel the check and re-send.
Let's see what would they say tommorow.

I would suggest that you get the receipt number and then send a replacement application N-400 mentioning the inadvertnent error :) . They will be able to link up and you will preserve your priority date.

Well, this is an update.
I called this morning(and waited only 2 minutes). :D
Lady told me she can not change anything, and anyhow my form is still not in a system, but rather to schedule in DO and talk with EO.
So I'll go there on Tuesday and they will fix it.
Hopefully I will get recipt NO assagnied by then.

Thank you all and I'll update you:)

cinoeye said:
Well, this is an update.
I called this morning(and waited only 2 minutes). :D
Lady told me she can not change anything, and anyhow my form is still not in a system, but rather to schedule in DO and talk with EO.
So I'll go there on Tuesday and they will fix it.
Hopefully I will get recipt NO assagnied by then.

Thank you all and I'll update you:)
so, you got an infopass for next tuesday? if your application is still not in the system and even if it gets into the system at uscis, I have a feeling it will not be visible at the DO.
Goodluck with receving your receipt number before next tuesday.
keep us posted abt your experience.

Went to the DO, she laughed and said people make mistakes all the time and it's not a big deal. My case is on the way to DO and my check was also cashed today.

What a relief.
She said I should remind them during the FP and ofcourse the inteview.

I'll keep you informed! :)

cinoeye said:
Went to the DO, she laughed and said people make mistakes all the time and it's not a big deal. My case is on the way to DO and my check was also cashed today.

What a relief.
She said I should remind them during the FP and ofcourse the inteview.

I'll keep you informed! :)
Was she able to pull up your case on her computer?
since you do not have a receipt number, on what basis did she pull your information out?