missing stamp of entry in passport

stoil2

Registered Users (C)
I am missing one stamp in my passport for entry in US. And worse is this is the stamp of my entry after 5 months out of US (the only prolonged period). So if someone looks at my passport would say I was out 7 months (because 2 months later I was out again). I gathered all documents from that period (rental agreement, ID issued at that time, hotel bill, etc.), but is it enough? Can I go to the airport and ask Immigration to stamp it by providing them proof that I entered the country? I don't understand why they wouldn't stamp it in the first place. I had 10 trip outside US and that is the only trip I am missing.

stoil2 said:
I am missing one stamp in my passport for entry in US. And worse is this is the stamp of my entry after 5 months out of US (the only prolonged period). So if someone looks at my passport would say I was out 7 months (because 2 months later I was out again). I gathered all documents from that period (rental agreement, ID issued at that time, hotel bill, etc.), but is it enough? Can I go to the airport and ask Immigration to stamp it by providing them proof that I entered the country? I don't understand why they wouldn't stamp it in the first place. I had 10 trip outside US and that is the only trip I am missing.

Stoil, I would just declare your trips in your N400 as they were taken and not worry about anything else. It appears to me that it is not unusual that entry stamps are 'missing'. I suppose the immigration has your history stored anyway in a database ... otherwise anybody who had left the country for too long would just have to 'lose' his/her passport to erase his/her travel history - and that is obviously not the case.

In the worst case you will have the opportunity to present evidence if required.

Alex

It was almost 5 years ago,m and no I couldn't find tickets or boarding passes. But I found a lot of receipts, rental agreements, etc. for the period afterwards.

query11 said:
how long ago was this?
what about ur air tickets?

I had the same issue. I was missing one stamp when i entered dallas in 1999. I remember, the officer at the POE did not even open my passport. he just swiped the GC and stamped the customs form. I did have the exit stamp from the foreign country.

I did take airline mileage statements and cell phone calling records, credit card statements, rental car agreement/receipt, other airline travel receipts/charges etc. for the day I entered and the for the following few weeks/months. But at the interview the officer did not even open my passport. No questions were asked and everything went smoothly.

I would just take all the possible proof you can take for being in the country and hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator: