MISSING RECEIPT NOTICE!!!Please help

ct485

Registered Users (C)
I mail VSC I-131 application on 12/03/2003,
my check has been cashed on 12/05/2003, I find my EAC# on the back of the check.
But it has been one month, I still receive no receipt notice.
I call BCIS this morning, they told me I should write VSC a letter to request a receipt notice.

Sould I do what they told me to do, or the other way I can do?
Anyone who has similiar experience, Please share????

What are you going to do with receipt notice anyway? As you know the EAC number, it is enough for you to check the status.

1) Notice might lost in the mail, because of wrong mailing address.
2) You can wait some more time.
3) Write a letter to VSC. By the time they answer and send notice, your 131 might have been approved also.

Why you get tensed for receipt notice?

It is the proof for you are in pending AOS. Besides he may need to enclose the receipt for the applying the AP or while re-entering the country.
But for this keep the printout of your status on the web site. That may serve as proof for pending adjustment of status.

Originally posted by tammy2
It is the proof for you are in pending AOS. Besides he may need to enclose the receipt for the applying the AP or while re-entering the country.
But for this keep the printout of your status on the web site. That may serve as proof for pending adjustment of status.

He didn't loose 485 receipt notice, he was talking about AP receipt notice.

If you really need it, send a written request to the service center.

Originally posted by ar888
He didn't loose 485 receipt notice, he was talking about AP receipt notice.

If you really need it, send a written request to the service center.
I am sorry i did not read it fully.

Same issue

I have the same issue. In my case I have not recived the EAD reciept notice. If my case does not get approved before my EAD expires I may need the notice to apply for an interim EAD. I plan to call the service and try to ask for the reciept. Will they oblige.
Has anyone done that before.

Thanks
Raghu

call USCIS

you can call USCIS 1800-375-5283 and request for sending you diplicate notice.

Good luck.

taipai :D

rrao, you donot need a receipt notice to get an interim EAD. Just go with your current EAD card or I-485 notice which has your A# and some short of identification like Driver license or passport. To me receipt notice of EAD or AP is a garbage and carry no value at all.

yeah right

dukhiman is right . But if you are not feeling good without receipt notice u cab call USCIS.

taipai