Missing I-864

Ken27

Registered Users (C)
I submitted the I-864 in May 2006. I just got a letter from NVC telling me that they got my visa application, but they are "still waiting for a response to the checklist letter for the Affidavit of Support." They say that before they can continue processing,and I must send the missing financial documentation.

Is this a common letter, or does this mean that they are missing the I-864.

Please help me. I have waited almost a year for my wife to be able to come here. I can resubmit the entire I-864 with the new form if that will expedite things. They sent me a cover letter, so hopefully that will help.

Thanks for any help.

You need to send them exactly what they requested in the letter they sent you. If they sent you a checklist, then send them every single item they "checked". Sending in the entire package as you sent it the first time will not speed up the process if they are asking for a particular piece of documentation not included the first time. Your question was a little vague as to specifics, but there is something (or some things) that they are wanting to see. Get those documents together and submit them along with the cover letter they sent you in the RFE. As always, keep a copy (an exact duplicate file) of every single thing you send to the USCIS.
Good luck !

Ends up they claimed to have sent me back my I-864 about a month ago, but I never got it.

They said I forgot to put "N/A" is several places and did not sign the first section. They are sending back the original. They told me I need to fill it out again.

I think I am going to beat them to the punch and send in the new I-864 application.

The NVC is still very confusing. All they did was send me the blank forms for the new I-864. They told me that they were going to tell me what corrections I needed to make, but they did not.

I had already sent the new I-864, before they sent this in the mail, so I do not know if I need anything else.