Missing Fingerprint fee...

jeinutheen

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
I had recently sent my & my wife's I485 application(s) with all the required fees (I485 fee-$255/-, Fingerprint fee-$50/-,EAD-$120/- & AP-$110/- for each person). My application got filed correctly. But for my wife, my attorney got 2 notices(797 forms). The first one says "received $305/- for adjustment of status..." like that.... But the second notice in a billing notice & says that "The fingerprinting fee of $50/- is missing."

But the very strange thing is all my checked got cashed correctly. What could be the problem?
I requested the copies of the checks from the bank. All the copies have the case number printed on the back of the check, except one check (which seems to be for the fingerprinting fee for my wife has hand-wriiten case number).

Does anybody else have similar experiences? Please share with me.

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Jein.

Hi,

My attorney files I-485 for me and my family last nov.
After few months when I checked with on-line status,
BCIS reported that I have paid insufficient funds
for fingerprinting fee and a notice has been sent. Neither
I or my attorney have received the letter. Per my attorney, this message is due to the change in fee then and it can
be ignored.

Strangely but both me and my wife have paid the same amount.
$305. My wifes status does not report the above problem.

:)

Exactly the same problem.

I filed for 485 a month ago, my online status says sufficient payment was not made for FP.

We sent the right amount ($305) to BCIS and are waiting for the bank to know about the cleared checks. I talked with my attorney, she said it was problem with the front end system which displays the status but the file in the backgroud supposedly is moving. She infromed me that this was a known problem and not to be worried.

I am not sure what to do, but honestly there is nothing we can do. Once we get the checks cleared we can be confident that they indeed cashed all the payments. Otherwise.....

Keep us posted about your case, I will let you know if i find anything about my case.

me 2 facing same problem

Hi..

I have the same problem. INS collected $ 305 for i-485.

But INS web site is showing that there is insufficient payment for the fingerprint and Your case is being held in suspense until we receive your fingerprint fee.......

It didn't happen to wife. she paid the same amount.

My Lawyer didn't receive any notice from INS. So we have sent another $50.00 for finger print fee with my LIN #. INS haven't collected this fee so far. does anyone face this problem ?

My lawyer is not interested in calling INS. Can i call BCIS and tell them about this mistake.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Still on-line status shows like that ?

All

Did your on-line status shows the same thing ?

I have exactly the same problem for my whole family except my youngest kid who does not require fingerprint. I had this status for the last 6 months:

"We have determined that there was an insufficient payment for the fingerprint fee for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status. On August 29, 2003 we sent you a notice of this, with an opportunity to submit the fee. Your case is being held in suspense until we receive your fingerprint fee. For more information, please refer to the notice we mailed you. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Lawyer asured me the correct amount was paid and they have wrote a letter as soon as this status appeared, to no avail. Calling Customer Service number did not help at all. Lawyer think it is not serious. I am glad to see others in the same position, so I assume it is OK.

I am seeing that status after I submitted my I-485. I inquired with CIS and they said, I should ignore that message. They confirmed that they have received full amount of fees. My lawyer inquired and got the same response. I never bothered to get it corrected because this message is NOT always accurate.
I have applied for my second AP, EAD and still my first I-140, AP has message it says, we have received your application and it will take blah blah....

So, I would say call them get it confirmed and move on.

Still same message

Hi all,
Thanks for your messages. Just to give you all what is happening in my wife's case. Still the same message "Insufficient fingetprint fee...........". I guess the case is fine. I too called the BCIS many times. They say that they also could see the same message & the case should be fine. Let's hope for the best.
Thanks All.
With regards,
Jein.