Missing evidence with N400 application - curious if any one know

mkv12345

Registered Users (C)
Here are my details. GREATLY appreciate reply.

application sent on : 9/14/05
INS received on : 9/23/05 as per I797C receipt notice
INS received on : 9/29/05 as per online status message
Priority date : 9/23/05 as per I797C receipt notice
Priority date : 9/29/05 as per online status message

Q1. Which is true, receipt notice or online message?
Q2. my receipt notice has the following message. Does any one what this is about? I have mentioned the traffic tickets.

"Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of the interview. you will be notified under separate notice of the necessary notice(s) tha you will be required to bring to your interview. Donot submit any evidence(s) by mail."

I am still waiting for further notice. But anxious to know if any one received this sort of info with the receipt.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't worry. I got this message as well and heard that a lot of people got it. Search this forum and you'll see posts about it.

This is due I think to either mentioning speeding tickets on the app or being a male (b/c of the Selective Service Registration).

My wife didn't get the same thing on her and I think that's b/c she is a female with no traffic tickets.

mkv12345 said:
Here are my details. GREATLY appreciate reply.

application sent on : 9/14/05
INS received on : 9/23/05 as per I797C receipt notice
INS received on : 9/29/05 as per online status message
Priority date : 9/23/05 as per I797C receipt notice
Priority date : 9/29/05 as per I797C receipt notice

Q1. Which is true, receipt notice or online message?
Q2. my receipt notice has the following message. Does any one what this is about? I have mentioned the traffic tickets.

"Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of the interview. you will be notified under separate notice of the necessary notice(s) tha you will be required to bring to your interview. Donot submit any evidence(s) by mail."

I am still waiting for further notice. But anxious to know if any one received this sort of info with the receipt.

Q1: the PD is go by the date on the notice.

Q2: don't worry about it. However, I did not have that wording on my notice thou.

THANKS folks. It is relieving to know that "missing evidence" text is common thing. It is most likely due to my mentioning the traffic tickets. my wife got the same notice text too.

mkv12345 said:
THANKS folks. It is relieving to know that "missing evidence" text is common thing. It is most likely due to my mentioning the traffic tickets. my wife got the same notice text too.

I did not know you mentioned about the traffic tickets. yes, the "missing evidence" is a common thing if someone has reported traffic tickets, or any crims he/she had committed before.