Missing employment record

amillenatx

Registered Users (C)
I prepared my husband's N-400. For some weird reasons, I only included his full time job for the past 5 years. I do not know why I did not include his part time jobs. ( I was thinking I took a break while I was preparing his application and when I came back, I started on the next section!). I swear I checked his and my application before sending.

Anyways, we went thru the interview and I told him to mention this to his IO. He did not since he said he was not asked about the employment section of the application. We both were recommended for approval. After 6 weeks I got my oath letter. It has been 2 weeks and he has not received his. I called USCIS and the representative told me that his application might still be under review and this might take 90 days.

Can this be because of the missing employment info? Has anybody experienced this?

Thank you!

I prepared my husband's N-400. For some weird reasons, I only included his full time job for the past 5 years. I do not know why I did not include his part time jobs. ( I was thinking I took a break while I was preparing his application and when I came back, I started on the next section!). I swear I checked his and my application before sending.

Anyways, we went thru the interview and I told him to mention this to his IO. He did not since he said he was not asked about the employment section of the application. We both were recommended for approval. After 6 weeks I got my oath letter. It has been 2 weeks and he has not received his. I called USCIS and the representative told me that his application might still be under review and this might take 90 days.

Can this be because of the missing employment info? Has anybody experienced this?

Thank you!

It is very unlikely that the delay has anything to do with the missing info about part time jobs - USCIS is simply not in the position to dig into this kind of info on their own and they really would not bother to do that.
Usually the delays of the kind you mention happen if it turns out that the background checks (particularly the FBI name check) were not complete by the time of the interview, or if it turns out that the A-file was incomplete (some people have multiple A-files which need to be amalgamated) or if there are some questions regarding foreign trips that require further review (e.g. if there were trips between 6 and 12 months in duration during the statutory period).

Thank you so much! Whew! I was so worried. It might be due to name check as he has some issues with his given name and with the name he is using legally. But we have court order docs for it. thanks again!

Thank you so much! Whew! I was so worried. It might be due to name check as he has some issues with his given name and with the name he is using legally. But we have court order docs for it. thanks again!

You are worried over a non-issue. He will be fine, just be prepare his tux for the oath ceremony. Unless his part-time job involved working for communists or spy for Moldova, he will be fine.

They want to see the employment history because they're concerned about big gaps in employment (which may indicate criminal activity). Presumably those jobs were held simultaneously with his full time job or only for short times in between full time jobs, so they wouldn't make a material difference in his gaps in employment or lack thereof.

However, your husband still should have brought up those jobs in the interview, just in case USCIS might have found out about those jobs from some other source and got the idea that he was hiding something by not mentioning them. But he got through the interview and it's very unlikely to be an issue now.

Thanks Jackolantern! So does that means that all reviews/FBI/namechecks were done before the interview and since he was not asked about it, there was not any issues with his application?

Thanks!