Missed Oath

yedaanna

Registered Users (C)
I passed my interview on 10th Dec and was waiting for my oath letter. I received an letter on 18th Feb saying that i missed my oath on 5th Feb and it said they will reschedule it. I never received any letter regarding an oath. I took an infopass and went to the local office. The lady at the local office told me that if u miss ur oath the case goes on hold and asked me to write a letter to the LA office explaining them my case and the reason of me missing my oath. My original letter says they will reschedule it where as the lady at the local office asked me to send a letter, so Now I dont know which one to follow. They told me that now they have only one oath ceremony every month and the March is fully booked. The people at the 1800 have no idea regarding my case. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to my oath letter.
My point is if I had not taken the infopass and not gone to the local office I would be thinking that they are rescheduling my oath and would have been waiting for my next letter. I'm very confused.
Has anybody had the same experience or can anybody give me an idea as what to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really a unique situation. I would suggest you should definately write a letter since it's not going to stop any process, infact it will move it if it has been on hold. Next thing you should talk to your congressman in your area. And try to take their help.

So that is can be entered on record, write a registered letter to USCIS stating that you never received oath letter. Make sure to follow up with inquiries to USCIS if you don't hear anything back from USCIS within 3-4 weeks.

My Status online shows being assigned for interview whereas I've already received the leter which said I missed my oath. It has not been updated since November and when I called the 1800 they say the latest information they have is what my status says. Just incase I dont get the second mail again How would I know that I've been rescheduled when my status is not getting updated. Is there any way to get your status updated?

My Status online shows being assigned for interview whereas I've already received the leter which said I missed my oath. It has not been updated since November and when I called the 1800 they say the latest information they have is what my status says. Just incase I dont get the second mail again How would I know that I've been rescheduled when my status is not getting updated. Is there any way to get your status updated?

Two way to find out
(1) call the 1-800 but you need to persuade CSR to transfer to second level officers (not supervisor of CSR
but immigration offcier)
(2) Make an infopass appolintment with yoru local DO