Missed N-400 fingerprinting appointment. Advice requested.

rwsh

Registered Users (C)

OK, I blew it. I never realized that USCIS could move with such lightening speed and I missed my naturalization fingerprinting appointment. Notice came within ten days of N-400 filing and I was out of town. Upon my return, I wrote a very apologetic letter and requested a rescheduling at any time at their convenience. No more out of town trips for me.

My questions are: will this adversely affect my application, are they likely to reply quickly or can I expect inordinate delays? Any other advice for me?

Thanks very much for any words of comfort !!!!!

rwsh said:

OK, I blew it. I never realized that USCIS could move with such lightening speed and I missed my naturalization fingerprinting appointment. Notice came within ten days of N-400 filing and I was out of town. Upon my return, I wrote a very apologetic letter and requested a rescheduling at any time at their convenience. No more out of town trips for me.

My questions are: will this adversely affect my application, are they likely to reply quickly or can I expect inordinate delays? Any other advice for me?

Make an immidiate infopass appointment and ask them to give you a re-fp letter on the spot.

rwsh said:

How many days were you late by?

You can even go to the Fingerprinting location and request them to take your fingerprints. Most likely they will accommodate. Just go at a time when they don’t have too many people.

I didn’t get my fingerprints done on the date of appointment either because I had a cut on my thumb. They asked me to come back later. I didn’t have to notify USCIS about the delay neither did the Application Support Center.

As far as what it does to your processing timeline, no idea. I have a feeling that it may not have a significant impact.

I was in same situation, was out of town when I received FP notice. I asked for rescheduling. Thanks to this forum I took the copy of my FP notice which i missed, to ASC on Saturday and got FP done, it was walk-in. After few day I got FP reschedule notice and the appointment was after 2 months. So I returned that FP reschedule notice with thanks.

Check with you ASC, usually they take FP if you miss your appointment.
If you will wait for rescheduling that will definately delay your interview.

Will you please post your time line

Success !!!!!!

You guys are great. Within an hour of getting your postings, I grabbed my letter and green card and went over to the USCIS support office. Within another hour, I was fingerprinted and on my way. Thanks so much ... this is a really supportive forum ..... I guess we are all in the same boat, one way or another.

rwsh said:
You guys are great. Within an hour of getting your postings, I grabbed my letter and green card and went over to the USCIS support office. Within another hour, I was fingerprinted and on my way. Thanks so much ... this is a really supportive forum ..... I guess we are all in the same boat, one way or another.

Great !

Can you post your timeline and your DO ?

Citizenship/naturalization San Antonio Timeline

Citizenship/naturalization San Antonio Timeline

Regional office: Mesquite, Texas
Local office: San Antonio, Texas

N-400 application first sent 28th July 06
Resubmitted with correct check 7th August 06
(first check based on incorrect data on USCIS web site!!!)
Date of USCIS acknowledgement with application number 14th August 06
Date of USCIS fingerprint notification 15th August 06 (note: only one day later)
Missed fingerprinting date due to absence from town
Date of request to reschedule fingerprinting 31st August 06
Proactive visit to the fingerprinting office as a “walk-in” 5th September 06

Lessons learned:

(1) Be aware that there are two dollar amounts for the N-400 fee on the USCIS website. The correct amount is, of course, $400.
(2) Be prepared for the USCIS to operate with lightening speed. If away from town do NOT have post office hold mail but have friend/relative receive mail and check all USCIS communications.
(3) Just showing up at the FP office as a “walk-in” DOES work !!!! At least, so far.