Missed FP - Please help

NYSesaSucks

Registered Users (C)
My wife had her second FP scheduled at 3 PM today in Newark, NJ. Unfortunatley she ran into a lot of traffic delays (we have an hour drive), and in the end she got lost. By the time she reached INS center, it was already 3:40 and the gates were closed. Can someone please advice me what to do next ? We are planning to go there tomorrow morning at 8AM, and try to explain this. Does anyone think this will work. Will we be able to rescheudle, since we missed the appointment ? I have enough things to worry about already, and on top of all that there is one more now !

Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

I think it won't abandon your wife's GC process. You can go and try again. Please make sure to go with her together so she won't get lost. :) You can explain and officer will understand.

Let me know how it goes.

USGC485

In my FP2 notice, it says that if I miss the date mentioned (10/05), I can come on any following Wednesday before 11/25. Doesn't your letter have something similar?

Not a problem.

Usually you will have 11 weeks to do the FP from the appointment date. You need to go on the same weekday for the FP. e.g. if the FP Date falls on Thursday then you can go on any Thursday within 11 weeks.

I missed my FP due to postal delay. Received notice latter than schedule date... Next day I went to local ASC and I was asked to reschedule and was told they will send a reschedule notice. Have not heard from them yet. Its been a week.
Any idea how long they take to send the reschedule notice?
Any experience in rescheduleing FP?

JJ

Same thing happened to my wife

Hello,
Same thing happened to my wife yesterdsay. We went there early in the morning, the guy asked us to come back at 2:45 PM. My wife went at 2:30PM and the line was so long. She asked the guy, he said that the notice is valid for 6 months. Just mail the notice to reschedule.

We also went this morning, it was so packed, i was sure that he wouldnt have let us in. So I am going to mail the notice to reschedule.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Sudhi

PS: I am not a lawyer, I am posting what I heard from the guy at Newark ASC.

sudhi_24:

Actually you can drop off the notice right there instead of posting. I dont know which one is better.

I am not sure how long will they take to reschedule.

JJ

We went there this morning around 7:50. The office opens at 8AM. The line was almost 2 blocks long, but once they opened the door, it started moving fast. My wife said, the security guy in the front desk wouldn't let her in and kept asking her to send the notice back to reschedule. However, the office manager walked by at that time and she explained the situation to him. He gave the approval to do the FP today, and she got it done within an hour. She got very lucky.

Thanks for all your help.

Received Re-scheduled 2nd FP notice

Received Re-scheduled 2nd FP notice today. 2nd FP is re-scheduled for Oct 2nd (Saturday). I am planning go on that day since ASC does not honor early FP here in IL.

JJ

A friend of mine has missed two FP appointments consecutively as he was out of station.What will be the worst case? What should he do?
He has EAD. Can he use it? Is his I485 abandoned?
Any reply will be of great help.

Thanks

Its not a bad idea to write a letter to VSC explaining the situation and asking for a reschedule.

my .2 cents.

JJ

joejoy said:
Its not a bad idea to write a letter to VSC explaining the situation and asking for a reschedule.

my .2 cents.

JJ
Hi Joejoy

It has been almost 2 months since the last FP notice. What are his options?can he use the EAD?

Thanks

When i called CIS (1- 800 number) I was asked to send out a letter to vsc explaining the reason for missing FP ( which I did) and also send the rescheduling notice to local ASC.

I think you should go to the local ASC and try to get your FP, if they dont, then ask them to reschedule.. I think you can drop off your reschedule notice right there....

JJ

EAD and FP are two different things.... he can use EAD until his application is approved or denied.
JJ

cedar2004,

I am curious.. why did your friend miss two FP?

EAD has nothing to do with FP. EAD is for continuing work after visa status is expired or switching to another employer. FP is for security check/FBI check. so your friend can use EAD (only wisely).

Hope this helps.
USGC485