Missed Finger printing

chak gadde

I missed my Finger Printing appointments because the lawyer mailed the FP notices to the wrong address and did not even care to inform me till it was too late. He says he is trying to get me a new notice. Is this possible. I heard rumors that if one fails to attend the FP then the I-485 automatically gets cancelled and has to be re-filed. Is this true? I would appreciate some learned response on the matter

No Title

If lawyer still have a copy of Finger print notice,
There will be a phone number on the notice to reschedule the finger print.
Just try calling that number and see what they say.
One of my friend went to India and by the time they came back
the FP original date was just missed by a weekend.
They got another appointment by calling that number.

Reschedule FP

hi,

please let me know , what happened to your friend about reschedule.
I wanted to marry before i get GC, so purposefully i postponned the FP appointment and now i wanted to know how long does it take for Rescheduling FP or postponing FP. Does INS do it immediately or does it atleast takes 1 or 2 months.

pleas reply as it is crucial for me.

thanks

you can still do you FP after the scheduled date

If you have a flexible ASC like SJC. I saw a posting y\'day that someone did it two days after the scheduled date and he also mentioned you can do it with 81 days after the scheduled after as long as your ASC location allows....hope it helps

No Title

I am not sure of dates.
But I know my friend did it with in few weeks in May\'01 and the original date was in April. When I asked they said they called that number on the FP notice.
I think it depends all on the local INS center.
Their 485 got approved already.

Reschedule FP

By, Re-Scheduling the fingure prints would it effect the GC process. if we want to Re-Schedule, by for how much time we could re-schedule. Can i re-schedue after 2 months.

Please reply

thanks
Kiran

Reschedule FP

I am also in the same boat my schedule date is 01/24/2002. I want it to be re-schedule for 2 months. Is is possiable to re-schedule for that long time.

Please reply as it also crucial for me.

thanks