• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

misplaced name and family

wswdyn

I made a mistake , I wrote my name in family filed and family in name filed
what can I do. do I need to register again with corrected info? or I can correct it later?

Are you saying you entered the family name as your first name and vice versa? I'm sorry, but there is not much you can do at this point since most likely you would be disqualified at the time of the interview even if you were to get selected. Registering again with the correct info would get you disqualified for sure for duplicate entries.

If you are serious about your participation at the lottery, you should take your time to verify all the data you entered before submitting the form, especially since there is also a summary page where you can review the information once again before completing the registration.

i think you can do it again because you will put your first name in first name and the other one it is your family name in the first name so it will be like it is another persone withe differnt name

I have my track number
can I correct my entry later?
I am in 2 way , if you were me then will register again or wait until see what happen?

You can not correct your original entry.......and they use facial recognition to check for duplicate entries.....so unfotunately, this one is over for you mate!!

Ok...Let me make this very clear.

1. You cannot change your original entry.
2. They use advanced software to check for duplicate entries....based on your photo and other biographical information. So you can not enter again.

But here is what you can do: You can enter you spouse's name in the lottery(Provided that you are married and your spouse meets the educational requirements)

Or, if you are under-21 like me, you can enter both of your parents in the lottery....and you as a derivative. They should also meet all the requirements.

It seems I can not register again.
I am alone.
so I have not anyway other than wait and see what happen.
do you think they accept my entry and allow me to correct it when I received form?

It seems I can not register again.
I am alone.
so I have not anyway other than wait and see what happen.
do you think they accept my entry and allow me to correct it when I received form?

Do not dispair, should you be winner it can easily be explain at the embassy and make the necessary correction. So do not worry about out. Wait until next year to see if you win.

I think it would be the wise thing for you not to enter the lottery again. And don't think about it too much, there's only a slight chance that you'll win -- and worry about it if you do. But i don't think the embassy will show leniency for something like that. I know it's just a careless mistake -- but the DV program is very strict about these things.

And please think carefully about the things you do in life, small things matter a lot. What you posted sounds like you misplaced your family and you can't find them!!!

Last edited by a moderator: