Mis-spelled last name on receipts

nervewreck

Registered Users (C)
I've just noticed that USCIS mis-spelled my spouse's last name (14 chars), on all the receipts for 485/EAD/AP. We just received our FP biometrics appointment as well, and the last name was mis-spelled on that as well.

How do I get this rectified?
Would it cause any further or unforeseen delay ?

Our FP appointment is on 10/05, is it possible for us to pointout the spelling mistake at the local USCIS office ?

Please advise :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
During FP, it will be possible to correct it. Someone next to me during FP got correction done in his address. You can call USCIS customer service and get it corrected. Calling USCIS would be better.

One interesting thing would be name check. USCIS initiates NC way before FP. I do not know whether USCIS have to initiate NC again. So it is better to get it corrected now.

Thanks proteinpeptide.

I've called the USCIS, they pulled the records based on the receipt numbers for all 3 forms, rectified the error and provided me with the tracking numbers for the change. They mentioned that the changes might take upto 45 days to go into effect.

They also mentioned that this would not have any bearing on the FP appointment, but did advise me to mention it with the local USCIS office, when I go for FP that there was typo in the last name which we got rectified.

Hopefully this will not cause any delay what so ever as it has been done well in advance before the FBI Name check.