Milwaukee Update - Oath Date Set

Isabella

Registered Users (C)
FYI - Oath invite received. Total processing time from filing to oath - 7 months - not bad in my opinion.

Here is my timeline:

Mailing Date 04/22/2004
Priority Date 04/26/2004
Reciept Rec'd Date 05/08/2004
Finger Print Notice 06/23/2004
Finger Print Date 07/19/2004
Interview Notice 08/13/2004
Interview Date 10/12/2004
Oath Letter 11/06/2004
Oath Date 11/20/2004

Local Office: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Service Center: Lincoln, Nebraska

Congratulations. If the oath is set at 8 AM, they take at least one hour for people to get in thru the metal detectors. So you can go as late as 8.45 AM. If you go at 8 AM you can NOT park car on roads (8 am is the start time for meters). You have to stand on the road in cold because the court opens doors at 8 AM. No hurry at all. Good luck. It seems that for ladies, things work fast. For my spouse it was even quicker - total of 5 months. The letter also says that proper attire is required. You just need some dress - nothing fancy. Everyday clothes are more than enough. In summer one guy even came with torn jeens. Allowed without any problems. You will be out of the court by 10 AM. I went back to work. The oath itself will look like a joke. :)

Also apply for passport as soon as you can. I did it on the following Saturday after my oath. It took 3 weeks to get in Normal processing time and the passport comes from New Orleans. I went to Tosa post office on Mayfair road (route 100)

Welcome, new citizen.

WBC - Oath set for a Saturday...

Oath set for Sat 11/20 at 10 am. Do you think they are planning on some special ceremony? They enclosed a couple of guest "entrance" tickets. Did you get the same too?

Isabella said:
Oath set for Sat 11/20 at 10 am. Do you think they are planning on some special ceremony? They enclosed a couple of guest "entrance" tickets. Did you get the same too?

Probably is. Because its also set on a saturday. Courts are not normally open on a saturday.

Phillydude
Yes, In Milwaukee it looked like a silly joke. You go there and the judge comes and without anything proceeds straight to some junk speech, asks you to open the booklet and read the allegiance. And that's it. Yes nothing more and nothing less. I at least expected some announcement like how many from each country etc. Nothing was told (Mind you I went twice - me and my spouse). All in a matter of 30 minutes and in that 30 minutes 25 min are for seating and filling forms for the voting guys. And guess what? When I went to vote, my registration was missing. So, where did my registration go? Did I waste that 25 minutes? Absolutely.

For us the new citizens, it is a life time experience but for them, "Oh, yeah another ceremony? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!"

Do you have a better term to call this, other than a silly JOKE? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabella said:

Saturday? No I did not get any special tickets. Mine was on week day. So probably you have these as a new method. guests are allowed but may be now they are restricting to two guests only? I am not sure. I had only one guest anyway. But anycase, you can go there at 9 AM but be prepared for one hour of procedures. Also when my spouse went there was jut ONE oath ceremony but when I went there were two, in one hour apart times - like one at 9 AM and another at 10 AM. I came to know of it after I finished the oath.

Saturday parking could be free. But I am not sure though. Do not have to bother to put car in a garage for $5 or more. Street parking is more than fine. BTW the court is on the otherside of Milwaukee river on east Wisconsin Ave. Actually it is the same west wi ave bcomes east wi ave., after the river. Big gray color building. You cannot miss since there will be many people waiting - say each room can accommodate about 50 people. If more are there, they do two different ceremonies.