Milwaukee Interview timelines

Yet another update

I took an infopass once my priority date got current. but unfortunately, the person on the couter was only able to tell me that they will notify the officer who has my file that the priority date was current. but they also told me that the officer checked if my file was current on april 3rd and so i really need not have reminded them again. lets hope that the officer is able to adjudicate it soon.

another titbit that she told me was that the officers who do the adjudication, do so only for about 6 hours every friday. on other days they are simply conducting the interviews. and that was the reason that it was all so slow.

Even though she was not very helpful, she told me that they do look up our files as soon as we set up the appointment and get familiar with the file.

Also, she said, that our files are all electronically stored too. and that once the adjudication is done, the electronic filw will go back to the nebraska office where the plastic card will be generated and sent to our homes. she said that since this takes less than 2 weeks going by present timelines, i shd just wait for a while and get the plastic card instead of tryign to get the passport stamped at all as soon as i get the approval.

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update! Good to know some of those details.

And yes, I agree with what the officer said: If your case is approved, you don't really have to stamp your passport unless you have to travel within a few days. They switched to the new filing system recently, and I was told that I was among the last cases that went through the old system, which usually takes 4 months to receive the card after approval.

Good luck!

approved

hey people,

finally got approved after the priority date got current. had my interview in milwaukee, yesterday 5/17. i noticed while i waited for him to finish something else that the approved stamp was already placed on the file in front of the desk. i verified to see if it was the same A number as mine and it was. so after a minute he simply took my signature and fingerprint on an unfilled form which i hope he filled out later while he was still on the phone. he then proceeded to tell me that all was well and i could go. so then i asked him about the passport stamp and he took out this stamp and asked for my passport. he stamped, put his signature. and that was that. really fast and quick.

i dont really know why i was called for the second interview. the guy seemed surpised that i already had an interview when i told him. he after that he didnt ask a single question. but i guess now i dont have to go again for the passport stamp but then again, these days the card itself seems to be coming in quick quickly.

Interesting thing about the case is that the online status hasnt changed in more than a year ever since it was transfered to Milawukee. i am guesing that unless NSC is actively processing this online status has no bearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, robocop!

About the online case status, I believe once your case got transferred, USCIS won't update it anymore. Mine was approved in last Sept, but now the online status still have an LUD of the transfer date...

Enjoy!