Military tracker

Fingerprints made easy

Have your military rep go here: http://www.jag.navy.mil/documents/code16Fingerprint_scheduling_NATZ_letter.doc
(this works for all branches, not just USN)
Have them fill out the letter, then you take it to any application support center. You don't need and appointment and will have front of the line privileges.

Takes 5 minutes. Hopefully you live somewhere near an ASC.

Wow, the military info lines are night and days compare to the regular line.

I found out that they transfer my paperwork to my local station, but wasn't touch because it was done internally. Apparently that mean, no one knew anything about it so it was just sitting there. A fine example of how government employee work.

Second, my fingerprint expired as of last month. So i need to get a new one.

Third, was told that there were too many people with the same name as I have, therefore it take so long to get it cleared. Look like an excuse to me but that FBI issue.

So now all i do is wait. Right, im going to start calling people and bug them till they do something.

Have your military rep go here: http://www.jag.navy.mil/documents/code16Fingerprint_scheduling_NATZ_letter.doc
(this works for all branches, not just USN)
Have them fill out the letter, then you take it to any application support center. You don't need and appointment and will have front of the line privileges.

Takes 5 minutes. Hopefully you live somewhere near an ASC.

Thank, i took my fingerprint without that paper, hopefully it came in. JAG at my location have no idea how to even expedite this process.

Second, i visited the office locally and was told my DOD Background check was keeping them from expediting the paperwork. That background check was cleared 2 year ago.

Every office have something different to tell me. I dont know who to believe.

It depends on who has custody of your paperwork

From conversations with folks in Nebraska, this is my understanding of how it works:

Your N-400 package stays in NE until it all clears, with the exception of namecheck. Some district offices will take the packages and sit on them until namecheck clears. Others ask NE to hold until that is cleared as well. Mine didn't get shipped to the DO until namecheck came back clear.

It sounds like a lot of your stuff has been expiring because somehow it sat somewhere too long unattended.

If I were you I would:

1. determine exactly who has custody of your application and ask them if there are any outstanding items.

2. resubmit the N426. Obviously something is wrong there because it usually clears pretty quickly. My guess is that it was not filled out properly by your local military rep.

Thank, i took my fingerprint without that paper, hopefully it came in. JAG at my location have no idea how to even expedite this process.

Second, i visited the office locally and was told my DOD Background check was keeping them from expediting the paperwork. That background check was cleared 2 year ago.

Every office have something different to tell me. I dont know who to believe.

And it's done !

Man, what a load of my shoulders...

There were around 90 of us at the federal courthouse this morning. Everyone left with a smile.

Later in the day it was weird checking the box for 'citizen' at the social security office and post office. Good weird, mind you.

I'll keep checking this board, in case some other military folks need a hand with their stuff and their search lands them on one of my posts.

Thanks for all the support, everyone!

Fingerprint date: 10-19-07
Mailed N-400: 10-26-07
Received Date: 10-31-07
Priority Date: 10-31-07
Notice Date: 11-16-07
Receipt online: 11-20-07 (LIN*001******)
Interview Date: 3-14-08
Oath Date: 4-24-08

Congrats Lex. I was reading 'on the sideline' and am glad you're done. I guess the third time is a charm!