middle name missing in green card

eb2indpd2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I recently recd. my green card and while initially filing my employment based I-485 my attorney missed to fill the middle name and I also overlooked that time . and now after approval when I went to update my immigration status for ssn in the social security office they removed the middle name from my name in ssn card also .

So what are my options.

Am i going to face problem on the port of entry as my green card name is not exactly like my passport full name .

Please advise.

thanks in advance.

I would go back to the SSN Office and show the passport and
rectify the name on the SSN card so that the middle ALSO appears on
the SSN card without the annotation.

OTOH, if the middle name doesn't appear on the GC, it is not a big deal
as the first and last name are more important than the middle name(s).

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

howdy_howdy said:
I would go back to the SSN Office and show the passport and
rectify the name on the SSN card so that the middle ALSO appears on
the SSN card without the annotation.

OTOH, if the middle name doesn't appear on the GC, it is not a big deal
as the first and last name are more important than the middle name(s).

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

Thanks Howdy,

I tried that but the soc. sec . lady told me that from now on every document in this country has to show my name exactly the way it shows in permanent resident card. I think these people working in soc. sec. do not have one single way on how to deal the situation.

I am now trying to change my name in my passport by removing the middle name . I will update how it goes.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Thanks Howdy,

I tried that but the soc. sec . lady told me that from now on every document in this country has to show my name exactly the way it shows in permanent resident card. I think these people working in soc. sec. do not have one single way on how to deal the situation.

I am now trying to change my name in my passport by removing the middle name . I will update how it goes.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.
------------ you need to file form I-90 with service center (you also need to send the fee as it is not USCIS mistake, you were supposed to write middle name on form I-485) you will get new card with middle name, once you get the card then go to SSA office again

Ginnu is right, you have to apply for a replacement card. I had the same experience last year when my daughter's middle name was missing. I thought it wouldn't pose a problem until we went to DMV to get her ID. The DMV wouldn't accept the application with her middle name. So we removed her middle name, but the ID card was never mailed to us. In July last year, I did the I-90 (application to replace green card) and submitted her passport, birth cert, etc to prove that her middle name existed, and we got the card after more than a month or so. In December last year, we went back to DMV with her new green card and after 2 months, her CA ID was mailed to us. Good luck!:)

Yep, this seems to be the deal. When we got our GCs, our middle names were abbreviated to an initial only. When we went to get the restrictions removed from our SSN cards, the SS office said the two must match, so they reissued the SS cards (without restrictions) as FIRST, MIDDLE INITIAL, LAST.

As for the DMV, here in CA, my license has full first, middle and last name, and they never kicked up a fuss about it being an exact match to the GC or anything else for that matter. I renewed it just last year.

Renewal of CA DL or ID is not a problem. I was talking about my daughter since it is her first time to apply for CA ID. She is only 16