Middle Name as Last Name

byebye140

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
Could you please clarify me a thing?

In all of my other documents including H1B papers,paystub,social security ,W2 and every where after I entered US. I have used my Middle Name as Last Name.
For eg

For example

Arun Kumar

In I-485 application only I had given my surname as lastname so it looks different and Kumar as my middle name

For eg

Arun Kumar Raja

My EAD got approved with the name Arun Kumar Raja but all of my other papers have just Arun Kumar.

Will it create any problem during FBI name check process?

probably not (not sure though). If the FBI looks at your biodata sheet that you filled out (and if you have mentioned your alias name there), then there is no problem. Otherwise, there may be some delay in your case.

Thanks for your reply. If I change my name as is in I-485 application in all of other documents. Will it be helpful

I would suggest you is to change the name after getting the GC. Better change it to the way it is mentioned in your SSN.

I had similar problem and didn't get any problem to get the green card. All of employment, W-2, SSN, DL have "Firoz Kabir" and and all immigration paper have "Mohammed Firoz Kabir". I am planing to make it Uniform during citizenship.

fikabir