Miami Oath Ceremony

mors

Registered Users (C)
Hello All, I got my interview (which I pass) on Feb 07/2007 and was recommended for approval, the officer told me to wait until the next oath ceremony which is going to be on April but I haven’t received any notification yet… any one in the same situation??

Thank you…

You would typically expect to receive an oath letter somewhere around 2-4 weeks prior to the ceremony. I expect it'll turn up soon.

Mors,

I'm in same baot as you. I gave interview on 01/17/2007, and still havent received the oath cermoney. The IO also told that the next oath cermoney will in Aprail.

Hi again, here are my details and interview experience.

N400 Filed: April 11, 2006 to TSC
FP:May 21, 2006
IL: Nov 20, 2006
IN: Feb 07, 2007

I checked on previous posts about the online case status, mine never showed up, I called (around Sep 2006) to the 800 number in the letter and they told me that some cases will not show up on the internet, but my case was received and process.
I also checked on the "processing dates" on their website and I found out it was very accurate, once they started processing the range in my priority date I got my IL in the mail.

My interview was fairly quick and easy, the IO was very nice and concrete on the questions, I made a mistake on my travels but I made the corrections with him while in the interview.
The interview last about 15 minutes, 13 minutes were a "review" of the application and the last 2 was the English and civics tests. after my interview the IO told me that I was recommended for approval and I should wait for the next Oath ceremony (some time in April).. I'm still waiting for the Oath letter and most of all... staying out of trouble.

One tip for the Miami applicants.. DO NOT take your cell phone with you, they will not let you in..There is a BIG SIGN "NO CELL PHONES, NO CAMERAS"... when I was waiting to get in there was a lady in the security entrance with a "cell phone" problem, just leave your phone in your car.. i got lucky to get parking in the same building but some people had to park far away.

I wish you luck to everybody.. and maybe see you in the next Oath ceremony!!

Not yet....looking at the 2006 thread, it seems like they started receiving oath letters by March 20th for oath date of April 12th.

Has anyone received the Miami Oath Ceremony Letter for April 2007 yet?

Hi everyone!

Has anyone received the Miami Oath Ceremony Letter for April 2007 yet? Please update.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajiv.

Hi N400 and mors,

Congrats, Were you interviewed in Miami or West Palm Beach.

I was interviewed at WPB but I dont know if the oath ceremony for WPB folks is also Miami.

Hi! Congratulations to all of those folks (N400_Larka, mors, etc.) who have received their Oath Ceremony letters recently. Please advise the rest of us as follows:

1. Were you interviewed in Miami or WPB, and if your April 4th Oath Ceremony will be held in Miami?

2. When were you interviewed? Just trying to get an idea of the timeline, as I have not received my Miami oath ceremony letter yet.

3. Has anyone received an Oath Ceremony Letter (Date) for the Judicial Oath Ceremony too (the one with the Name Change)?

Please advise. This would be tremendously helpful to the rest of us!

Again, Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Regards,

Rajiv.

Rajiv,

Here is my timeline:

PD: 06/30/2006
FP: 07/19/2006
Interview: 01/17/2007
Oath letter: 03/15/2007

Here is my wife's timeline(I got stuck in name check for few months)
PD: 06/30/2006
FP: 07/19/2006
Interview: 11/09/2006
Oath: 12/19/2006

Hopefully, you should get the oath letter soon as well.

Has anyone received an Oath Ceremony Letter (Date) for the Judicial Oath Ceremony too (the one with the Name Change)?

Rajiv.

Hello Rajiv

I am waiting for one too. I have a name change issue which was kind of unexpected and a bolt from the blue. For example my birth certifcate last name was say ROY CHOWDHURY but all my records from kindergarten onwards is ROYCHOWDHURY. At the interview, the officer insisted that I needed an official name change (from ROY CHOWDHURY to ROYCHOWDHURY) because US laws go by birth certificate. If I didn't change my last name, they would issue my Naturalization certifcate as ROY CHOWDHURY. I wanted to avoid that confusion as I have never used ROY CHOWDHURY. So he was pretty helpful and filed my name change petition then and there. He said that I would have to appear in the court for the oath. I am hoping that this will not delay too much the process.

:(

PD: July 2006
FP: August 2006
Second FP: Sept 2006 (first one was rejected)
Interview: Jan 3rd week 2007

My wife's timeline

PD: July 2006
FP: August 2006
Interview: Jan 3rd week 2007
Oath: scheduled for April 4, 2007

One of my friends had a name change issue too. But she took the oath yesterday at the court.

PD: May 2006
FP: June 2006
Interview: Jan 2nd week 2007 (originally sched Nov 2007)
Oath: March 16, 2007.

Hope this helps.

Hello SunnyView,

Thank you very much for the info! It was very helpful indeed. Quick clarification please:

If I understood it correctly, you had a Name Change scenario (Miami, FL region), were interviewed during the third week of January, 2007, and are still awaiting a letter/date for the Judicial (Court) Naturalization Oath Ceremony. However, one of your friends who was interviewed shortly before you during the second week of January, 2007 took the oath at the court (judicial ceremony) yesterday, on 03/16/2007. Correct?

Does anyone have any idea/information as to when the NEXT Judicial Oath Ceremony will be held in the Miami area for the Name Change cases? Please advise, and help us all.

Congratulations to your wife and to your friend, and good luck and best wishes to you! Hopefully, your oath ceremony will be held soon too. Please keep the rest of us posted when you find out the exact date.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rajiv.

Hello SunnyView,

Thank you very much for the info! It was very helpful indeed. Quick clarification please:

If I understood it correctly, you had a Name Change scenario (Miami, FL region), were interviewed during the third week of January, 2007, and are still awaiting a letter/date for the Judicial (Court) Naturalization Oath Ceremony.

Correct.

However, one of your friends who was interviewed shortly before you during the second week of January, 2007 took the oath at the court (judicial ceremony) yesterday, on 03/16/2007. Correct?

Correct.

Congratulations to your wife and to your friend, and good luck and best wishes to you! Hopefully, your oath ceremony will be held soon too. Please keep the rest of us posted when you find out the exact date.

Thanks.

Rajiv2007

I received my oath letter just now. It is sked for April 20.

The letter however has my birth certificate last name. Hopefully the certificate they issue will be with the correct name.

Hopefully you have already received yours or will be receiving shortly.

Rajiv2007

I received my oath letter just now. It is sked for April 20.

The letter however has my birth certificate last name. Hopefully the certificate they issue will be with the correct name.

Hopefully you have already received yours or will be receiving shortly.

Hi SunnyView: Thanks for the update. All the best to you! Rajiv.

Hi Rajiv,

You and I seem to be in the same boat. I was interviewed in WPB on Feb 21st and though it seems like I passed, I have not received any oath letter. I too have a name change scheduled so that could be reason.

I took an info pass on Thursday at WPB and spoke to an officer. She was not too helpful but did say that since I had asked for a name change I had to wait. According to her, they have not been able to find a court to schedule the oath and name change procedure yet. When I pressed her to tell me how long this usually takes, she said sometimes 6 months too.

If you want you can send me a private message and we can exchange notes and coordinate efforts together.

Rao.

Hi WaitAlong;

Hope you have received your Oath Letter by now. I am still awaiting mine. Feel free to send me a Private Message if you wish. Good luck and best wishes.

Rajiv.