Miami OATH 2006

Oath Letter

Recieved my Oath letter today as well for April 12th, 2006 12pm at Miami beach convention center. Interviewed on Jan 30th, 2006.

Thanks for all your help earlier.

oath letter

Received oath letter for oath on apr 13th at 8 am at the miami beach convention center. interviewed on 14th feb.

Same here guys. My wife received her letter for April 12th 8:00AM

Her interview was January 6th 2006.

Good to know we are almost all there... it will be the end of a journey for my family and hopefully to you all. To the ones not receiving the letter and interviewed until end of Feb I suggest to get an infopass and check the status. It is free and won't hurt to know if you are stuck in the process or if a letter is lost in the mail.

Good luck to you all. I will be checking back regularly and thanks for everyone who posted here.

:D :D :D

I got it today too! Scheduled for 4/12 at 8am at Miami's convention center (interviewed on 01/09). Thanks everyone for the help! I hope everyone sorts their stuff very soon and wish good luck to everyone as a citizen of this country. See you around,

Lopez

I'm not sure if there is a "statutory" time. They say you should be contacted between 30 and 120 days. The best for you is to monitor the forum and check the dates that are being called for the oath... if they are around yours and you didn't get the letter set an infopass and go looking for information. Here in Miami they are well inside the 120 days so if you are approaching it with no letter infopass them... it is free and it is your right.

Good Luck

Hi!!!
congratulations!!!!!! I am waiting since my interview in October 27, 2005...I changed my name so we did think that was the problem, but I will go tomorrow in person to see if I can do something...waiting is killing me.

Maru;

From what I know when you change the name your ceremony is not one of the larger ones but something small normally held at the DO only for people in the same situation (change of name). But set your info pass and check with the DO.

Hope you get it soon

;)

Info Needed

It looks lie InfoPASS is good only for Miami main USCIS office (Biscayne & 79th). Does one go there for naturalization-related issues, even though the naturalization office is downtown?
Also, it looks like we will be needing a good atty to file Mandamus in Federal District Court, as my dad is stuck in the name check hell. Can someone recommed a lawyer?

Thanks
Pablo

finnay said:
It looks lie InfoPASS is good only for Miami main USCIS office (Biscayne & 79th). Does one go there for naturalization-related issues, even though the naturalization office is downtown?
Also, it looks like we will be needing a good atty to file Mandamus in Federal District Court, as my dad is stuck in the name check hell. Can someone recommed a lawyer?

Thanks
Pablo

First question: yes, you can go to the Biscayne office. There are officers there with access to all naturalization data.

Second: PM me and I will give you an address and phone of a lawyer I know.

Good luck with your dad's process.

luizpaulo said:
Maru;

From what I know when you change the name your ceremony is not one of the larger ones but something small normally held at the DO only for people in the same situation (change of name). But set your info pass and check with the DO.

Hope you get it soon

;)

I went to miami on friday...Looks like my oath will be in April, she said they sent a letter on March 22 (I went on March 23)....I am waiting for my letter but looks like everithing is fine, took longer because I change my name.

Maru-06 said:
I went to miami on friday...Looks like my oath will be in April, she said they sent a letter on March 22 (I went on March 23)....I am waiting for my letter but looks like everithing is fine, took longer because I change my name.

Good to know... hope you got it :D

Hi, all.

Congrats to those who are scheduled for the Oath in April 06! You are almost there! I, for one, am still waiting to hear from them. My interview was way back in August 05.

Maru-06, could you tell me which office you went to? This morning, I went to the INFOPASS office located at 6445 NE 7th Avenue, but was told that I would have to go to the downtown office.

I am really anxious to find out the status of my citizenship.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

cyanblue said:
Hi, all.

Congrats to those who are scheduled for the Oath in April 06! You are almost there! I, for one, am still waiting to hear from them. My interview was way back in August 05.

Maru-06, could you tell me which office you went to? This morning, I went to the INFOPASS office located at 6445 NE 7th Avenue, but was told that I would have to go to the downtown office.

Hei Cyanblue...

Yes it is a long time to wait and your infopass is a must to understand why. Are you changing names? Did the examiner told you if your name check was done already?

What makes the infopass more important is that your interview happende before the hurricanes and with Rita and Wilma later in the year it may happened that your letter got lost... go to the infopass as soon as possible and good luck.

:rolleyes:

cyanblue said:
Hi, all.

Hi Cyanblue,
You have to go to

Miami Naturalization Office
77 SE 5th Street, 2nd Floor
Miami, FL 33131

They have a number of app. available per day...I went around 10: 30 and I got the last appoiment....They gave me the information that I needed It is many people in the same situation.....let me know please if I can help you more.
;) I know the feeling.
Maru

Maru-06 said:
I got my oath appoiment letter..It will be for April 21.....Finally
I am so happy :D

ENJOY IT !!!! You will fell better yet with the certificate in your hands... Congratulations :D

I received the letter today, too! :eek: :eek: I am scheduled for Thursday, April 13th. It has been a long 19-month journey for me and I am glad it'll finally be over.

Thanks Luizpaolo, and Maru-06 for your kind replies! :) Best of luck to everyone!!