Miami OATH 2006

luizpaulo

Registered Users (C)
Time to ask again: Please post any info regarding OATH ceremonies in Miami for 2006. Do not forget to state your interview date.

Tks

:)

datruthseeker said:
There was an oath ceremony in Miami on 01/28/2006!

Thanks, my wife got interviewed on the 6th so too early for her...lets wait the next one. Till there lets all post any NOA here.
Cheers

Hello datruthseeker and luizpaulo,

I am just beginning to start my citizenship application. I would appreciate
if you can give details about your cases, like the dates of interest,
any critical information requiested, interview experience in Miami.

I understand you mail it TSC and they transfer it to Miami, right?
And how long did it take for the fingerprinting since the receipt date?

TIA

Hi GC2CITI... nice nick ;)

You will be sending your N400 to TSC (Texas) and all the correspondence will be issued by them to you. Fill your N400 correctly and mail it with the payment. They will send you a NOA (notice of action) confirming the reception and the priority date. The first step they will send you a Fingerprinting request (normally inside 30 to 90 days after they received your application). Next step will be the interview 60 to 150 days after the fingerprinting...all going ok another 60 to 120 days to have your oath. Of course the timing is approximate and there are variations but in average you should be in the oath around 8 to 9 months after the application is received. Miami is one of the most update ones and, to my surprise, during all the process the officers were great, very helpful, no pressure and doing all in their capability to make it easy and fast. Of course you may find some disgruntled one but the friendness has been common in reports here.

My dates were: PD: 02/26/05. FP: 04/05 Interview: 09/05 Oath: 12/05
My Wife: PD: 06/05: FP: 08/05; Interview: 01/06; Oath: awaiting

Let me know if I can be of any further help and Good Luck to your processing.

Cheers

Thanks dingleberry and luizpaulo.

I will definitely ask more questions as I move forward. Hope you
or someone like you from Miami is still around posting in these forums
when I need the most. :)

I appreciate the detailed post, every little piece of info. helps
when you have to spend most of the time waiting during this process.

I should be around for a while yet since as you I felt that this forum helped me a lot going through it all and grabbing info during the process and reassured that all was ok checking the priority dates. In any case you can always PM me if you need.

But, relax, it is not that bad. Most of the horror stories here are unique since very few post when all went ok and I can tell you that mine and my wife (she still needs the oath) were very easy, relativelly fast and we had both a great experience with all the officers in the case. We even had her FP set up the day Katrina hit and they rescheduled it very quickly.

The most important piece you should find when finalize your interview is if your name check is complete then sit down and wait for the oath.

Ahhh, one little info: Your examiner will review your application during the interview. If by any chance you need to change any wrong info you will have the chance to do it then. It is good to know since some just realize they made a mistake in the N400 after it was sent...

Again Good Luck in your process and let me know if I can help more.

Looks like we will have an Oath in Miami this next 11th, Saturday. Can someone confirm and post interview date here?
Much appreciated
:rolleyes:

miami oath

My interview was on 9th jan 2006 in Miami and still waiting for the oath date.I have to travel end of march and i am worried now.

Hi Ghazian,

Tks for the reply. Yeah, my wife was on Jan 6th and so far nothing. I know they are having small ceremonies (one in January and another next week) in the DO, nothing like mine in December with 12k oaths in 4 sessions in a couple of days. By what I observed by my own experience and others posted here it is taking around 2 to 3 months to get the oath letter once you had the interview.

Since we are close in dates here let's keep in touch. I will PM you my personal email and if you want reply to me and whenever she gets the letter I will let you know because we may be in the same batch

Tks

Luizpaulo

I called the Miami office today and the lady told me that i should get my oath between 9th and 15th march.