Miami Interview Experience

sam99

Registered Users (C)
Reached Hialeah INS office at around 7:30am for 8:15am appt and I was called in at 8am and out of the office by 8:15.

A young spanish lady officer took my interview and she only asked for my PP and GC and she didn't even asked my DL nor my interview letter but I did asked her and she said she is fine with GC. Although Yellow letter asked me to show the DL so I guess it all depends on IO during the interview. Below are 6 questions which I asked:

1) who vetoes the bill?
2) What is the supreme law of the land?
3) What is capital of Florida?
4) what do we show loyalty to when we say the pledge of allegiance?
5) Who did the US fight in World War II?
6) Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?

I was asked to write "Washington is the capital" and to read "George Washington was first president". She took my signatures on all my answers and after that she went thru series of questions on N400 application and asked to print the name on it and sign on both the places. Once all are done she gave me N652 form and said "congratulations you are approved" and I should get oath letter in mail within 90 days.

During the interview process she asked my Birth certificate and my BC does not have middle name but my PP and GC does so she said we have to go as per BC and not as per the application but she did gave me the option to change the name and it will be long process so I insisted go with name as per BC.

Bottom line is now I will have my middle name removed from today and go as per the naturilization certificate.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for great support. Good luck to all those who are waiting!!!

San jose Interview experience

Hello All,

I completed my N400 appplication(5 years after GC) interview on July 9, 2009 at San Jose and was approved of the same. :)

Here are my details

Mailed applicaton March 30, 2009
Recieved at Phnx April 1, 2009
Notice date April 1, 2009
Finger print notice date May 6, 2009
Finger prints done May 6, 2009
Interview date July 9, 2009 @ San Jose
Interview approved July 6, 2009
Oath Date given October 16, 2009 @ Campbell

Interview details: appointment at 9am, reached around 8am. called in at 9am. IO was very professional yet nice. She asked me to take an oath to say all the truth which I did.

Went through my application. Asked about my job, my family (how many kids etc). I had two trips for 5 months each at India which I went on my office work but always on US payroll and paid rent to apartment even when I am india(had letters from my company supporting the same and also letter from apartment manager that I am on lease from last 8 years). I also had copies of paystubs but IO didnt look at that.

I didnot mention this in the initial application but I volunteered to bring this up in the interview. I had one traffic ticket in 2001, red light infraction (paid for and went to traffic school). I got a letter from court and also a report from DMV having clear records.I showed it to IO she took a quick look at the same and gave it back to me. Then she asked me 6 questions which I passed, then reading and writing test which i passed.

As I mentioned above, IO was nice, we also spoke about current economy, housing market, kids schools etc. Overall it was a good conversation rather than just an interview. She congratulated me and gave me an Oath letter for July 16.

I want to thank you all for all your help in ensuring that applicants like me are well informed and prepared right for the interviews. Regarding support docs, Please take anything and everything that supports your application to the interview, it doesnot hurt to be over prepared.

Thanks again and best of luck to you all whose applications are in process, I am sure you will succeed well in your quest for US Citizenship :)

Hey Sam99,

Miami takes quite a while to process N400. like 9-12 months. Any reason you think your application went though so quickly?

I am not sure how our application got processed so quickly but I have been tracking all DOs in this forum and most of them get cleared with 4-6 months time frame.

I think it also depend on your local DO how many applicants they can handle each month. In Miami area there are 2 new DO and that might be reason.

Hey Sam99,

Miami takes quite a while to process N400. like 9-12 months. Any reason you think your application went though so quickly?

Wow!! I received my Oath letter today 7/10 for oath scheduled on Fri 7/24 at Miami field office.

I was interviewed on 7/6 and I was surprised to see the oath letter so fast. Miami DO rocks!!!

Wow!! I received my Oath letter today 7/10 for oath scheduled on Fri 7/24 at Miami field office.

I was interviewed on 7/6 and I was surprised to see the oath letter so fast. Miami DO rocks!!!

Hmmm, I interviewed 7/2 in West Kendall, no Oath letter yet ;\