Miami Interview / AC21 case Approved!

src777

Registered Users (C)
Hey friends,

Let me tell you about my immigration journey, it may help some of you.
I was transfered to South Florida from Europe on an L1 Visa (L2 for spouce) for a big Telecom Corporation.
LC was approved in 2000, I140 in April of 2001 and was laid off in May 2001 (everybody remembers the Telecom bubble....)
After a lot of struggle, I could get a letter stating the layoff was due to downsizing and could be re-hired in the future.
I found a similar job with a customer, in the same occupation, during my severance period, applied for H1B and was approved shortly.
I also submitted I485 with this famous letter (on advise of my attorney).
I485 Received date: July 01/ Notice date August 01.
8 months later as I received my EAD card, I switched to a more stable company. I haven't advised INS on the change, my attorney said it was not required.
I received an RFE in Dec 03 (employment letter, registration,company info etc...).
I replied in January and ... in April, I found my case transferred to Miami for interview.
The interview occured end of June and it was a very pleasant experience.
The officer was a gentleman. He asked for:
-Last 3 tax returns (actually transcripts from IRS),
-Employment letter,
-Marriage certificate,
-Passports,
-Last EADs (I gave him all my 4 EADs!)
And that was it... He asked routine questions to verify identity. No technical question was asked about my change of employment at all!!!
He took our fingerprints and stamped our passports and said "Congratulations!"

This is my "simplified" experience with immigration (I passed on the humiliating and discriminating experience called "Special Reg" as I was born in a N. African country). My attorney didn't think I had to register as I grew up in Europe and was a Citizen of a European Country. I had to do this in January 04 as the RFE was asking for the Reg # and this was another storry... very painful ...

I hope my experience will help some!
I found great help in this forum, thanks to you all and wish you all the best!

Are IRS transcipts required, or did you just get them because you didn't have your copies of when you filed your income tax?
I have all my copies, and I'm wondering if I will need the transcripts for the interview.