Miami, Fl

karljones

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone:

I was eligble to apply for citizenship April 8th 2005, (5 year anniversary of receiving residency), as allowed I filed my application N400 approx 90 days in advance, it was received Jan 25th at the Texas office, I paid only $320.00 and received a notice to send another $70 (figerprint fee). I sent a check and yesterday I received a letter instructing me to have my fingerprints taken on May 24th 2005 at 10.00AM.

My local district office is Miami, Florida so I am assuming this is where I will have my interview, does anyone have any personal experience of the time between fingerprinting and interview date and after that how long does it normally take for swearing in if I am approved on day of interview.

Almost every day I use the INS web site to check on the status of my application using my receipt number but it always comes up "status cannot be found for this application number". This worried me but now I am not so worried because the application is obviously in their system since I received a fingerprint appointment.

Anyones personal experience of their N400 application process for the Miami area would be really appreciated.

Kind Regards
Karl Jones.

Miami N-400 timeframe

Karl,

How did it go with the fingerprint process? Did you receive the interview date yet? I am also applying for citizenship in Miami and these are my dates so far:

Priority Date: 02/10/05
Fingerprints Date: 06/25/05

Please keep us informed on how this process moves for you. BTW, you cannot look up the status of citizenship application on the CIS (INS) website, but you can check by phone. Online does work for residency applications. Thanx.

BebaMela

Finger Printing Went Fine

Hi:
My finger printing went fine, was in and out within one hour, they stamped my appt. letter and signed it.

Still online status is "does not recognize" but I am not surprised, I have read enough on these boards to not worry about that.

Waiting for interview letter, I am thing my interview will be in December or January, approx. 7 months after fingerprints.

I was sent to the Support Center in Fort Lauderdale, Fl for finger printing.

This is my timeline:

Application Received: 01/25/2005
Fingerprinting: 05/24/2005
Interview: ?
Oath: ?