Miami FL - N-400 Timeline

n400 in Hiealeah, FL

*Parking is free
*No cell phones, no cameras, no make-up - Leave in car or you will be turned back

I passed test and was told "we will see you on the 9th" which is why I assume its January. I did some research online and was informed that they mail you a letter giving you the information of date, time, location.

I had originally been given the cd for the old test at the time when I went to take my fingerprints for my citizenship. When you go that day they give you a booklet with the questions/answers and an audio cd but then when i went to print the flash cards it only gave me the option for the new test. Therefore, I had kind of studied both but in my opinion i believe the revised test is easier then the old one. With my original date of applying and the date I was schedule for my interview I had the choice of taking either versions of the test but the INS officer kept encouraging me to keep going. He was really nice and outgoing. I know its terrifying to go because it all comes down to that interview but if you study you have nothing to worry about. Good luck with yours and by the way, I just read somewhere on the news that a new INS office will be opening in Miami this Weds which should help speed up process for Citizenship!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade/story/814515.html

Applied in Oct 16 2008
PD - Oct 23 2008
Notice says 730 days....
FP Latter received 11/12/08
FP Interview sked on 12/04/08
Applied in Oct 16 2008
PD - Oct 23 2008
Notice says 730 days....
Interview 2/12/09

What to Expect After Interview and after

First of all Good luck on Thursday NJ@IMM.

Now, I forgot to keep you guys updated on what happened after my interview.

So here it goes, after my interview, I received a letter within a week letting me know the date and time of my ceremony. On that back of the letter there are questions you will need to answer in black ink when you go to your oath ceremony. Basic questions asking if you have left the US for any reason between your interview date and oath date? Arrest? simple questions like that. Now on to ceremony day....

I took my oath on Janauary 9th. By the way cameras ARE ALLOWED at oath ceremony because they know you want to capture the moment. Family is allowed but they wait in seperate line and sit at the back (space might be limited though). My appt was at 10am and when I got there at 9am there was already a line! Oath takers though go through a seperate line and I still went through security but cell phones were allowed...i guess the no cell phone rules apply only when going behind immigration offices and stuff...i dont know. The ceremony took like 30-45 mins and they give you a packet with a history of the US for you to read (if you would like), your american flag, a voter's registration that you have to mail in and at the end of the ceremony they hand you your certificate. And that my friend completes your journey!

I went to the city hall (closest location to me, but some post offices handle them too) to apply for my passport January 13th and received my passport within two weeks. No, I'm not going anywhere I guess I just did it out of exitement.

anyhow, I wish you all the best of luck and if you ever need any advice feel free to ask.

Interview soon

Received IL Notice. Update:

Service Center: TSC, DO: Miami
N400 Mailed: 10/01/07
N400 Delivered/PD: 10/05/07
Check Cashed By Bank: 12/25/07
NOA: Mailed 12/26/07, Received 01/02/08 (365 days to interview)
FP: Mailed 01/25/08, Appointment: 02/19/08
IL: ND: 02/03/09 Appointment: 03/17/09
Oath: ?
Passport: ?

The Question I have is: When would be the Oath most likely and can I travel out of the country between the interview and the Oath dates?

Last edited by a moderator:
Received IL Notice. Update:

Oath: ?

The Question I have is: When would be the Oath most likely and can I travel out of the country between the interview and the Oath dates?

Yes, you can travel all you want. And OATH date depends on local DO.

Re: Interview Soon

Aasalame,

Yes you can travel out of the country. Once you have passed your interview they mail you a letter letting you know of the time and date of your interview. On the back of that form it asks you question, one of them being if you have left the country from the time of your interview to the time of your oath and for how long. My personal experience in Miami -- Hialeah office to be exact was 30 days...I went for interview on December 10th around there and my oath date was January 9th. You usually get the notice letter within a week to a week and a half of your interview.

Hope this helps!

Miami Timeline

pplied in Oct 16 2008
PD - Oct 23 2008
Notice says 730 days....
Interview 2/12/09 - Completed
N-652 - Decsion can not be made ....
00/00/2009 Oath letter waiting
00/00/2009 Oath...

Did someone had interview lately for 1st quarters filers in Miami DO?

Please share your experience?

oath

Received Oath Notice. Update:

Oath on 03/29/09

How soon can I get the passport? is 24hr possible? if yes, how?
Can I travel on my current passport with the N cert. and then apply for passport at US embassy?

Received IL - Update

My wife recd her IL but I haven't recd mine yet. My be i will receive my IL next week.

Any idea when Miami DO issues Oath letter? Is it weeks or months or immediate after the interview?

NJ@IMM, Did you get your approval letter?

Pls update so we will have better picture what to expect in interview at Hialeah DO

Here's My Timeline guys... Hope it helps....

Anyone have any info on Ceremony Dates??

N-400 Naturalization Timeline New West Kendall USCIS Building
04/01/2009 - Sent Application via USPS Regular Mail
04/09/2009 - Check Cashed
04/13/2009 - Received NOA
04/18/2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
04/28/2009 - Biometrics Appointment @ 2:00 PM
05/09/2009 - Received Interview Letter Appointment
07/02/2009 - Interview Date
xx/xx/xxxx - Oath Appointment Letter Received
xx/xx/xxxx - Oath Ceremony Date
xx/xx/xxxx - Mailed in Application for Passport
xx/xx/xxxx - Passport Received!!!!

That is long.....

If it's any help if your in the Miami Field Office:

'Miami Field Office' 8801 NW 7th Avenue - Dates for upcoming ceremonies: June 29 and June 30

Maybe you'll get in one of those!

Kromix, Good Luck for your interview in July. Pls share your interview experience. Mine is scheduled for 7/6 at Hialeah office.

Here's My Timeline guys... Hope it helps....

Anyone have any info on Ceremony Dates??

N-400 Naturalization Timeline New West Kendall USCIS Building
04/01/2009 - Sent Application via USPS Regular Mail
04/09/2009 - Check Cashed
04/13/2009 - Received NOA
04/18/2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
04/28/2009 - Biometrics Appointment @ 2:00 PM
05/09/2009 - Received Interview Letter Appointment
07/02/2009 - Interview Date
xx/xx/xxxx - Oath Appointment Letter Received
xx/xx/xxxx - Oath Ceremony Date
xx/xx/xxxx - Mailed in Application for Passport
xx/xx/xxxx - Passport Received!!!!

I hope someone can help me out with this quesiton,
I just went for my interview today and I passed =]
I was so excited i forgot to ask when will the next
ceremony will be, I went for my interview in Oakland Park, florida,
anyone know when will their next ceremony will be?
Thanks