Miami FL - N-400 Timeline

coredump

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Thought I would start a new thread to discuss the citizenship time line for the Miami district office. There are a few old threads around for Miami but none for post July 2007. My dates are in the signature below.

Good Luck Everyone.
Coredump
--

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami N-400

Here is mine. Almost the same like yours.:):)

Service Center: TSC, DO: Miami
N400 Mailed: 10/01/2007
N400 Delivered/PD: 10/05/2007
Check Cashed By Bank: 12/25/2007
NOA: Mailed 12/26/07, Received 01/02/08 (365 days to interview)
FP: ?
IL: ?
Oath: ?
Passport: ?
Get a Life (or defreeze current one): ??

Received FP Notice. Update:

Service Center: TSC, DO: Miami
N400 Mailed: 10/01/2007
N400 Delivered/PD: 10/05/2007
Check Cashed By Bank: 12/25/2007
NOA: Mailed 12/26/07, Received 01/02/08 (365 days to interview)
FP: Mailed 01/25/08, Appointment: 02/19/08
IL: ?
Oath: ?
Passport: ?

Thanks for the update aasalame and others. Haven't received my FP yet, hopefully soon. Based on mitoboy3 and andrews, looks like the whole process will take 1-2.5 years, which matches the field office dates on the USCIS web site. Sigh!

Hi andrews,

Very sorry to hear this, its painful.

The Miami office must be dealing with this issue quite often. If you have any other Cuban friends who went through the same experience, perhaps they can give you more info?

Personally, I think they won't hold this against you especially since you were an involuntary member. I guess the only thing they would frown upon is if the applicant had any current ties with the Cuban government.

Next Miami Oath ceremonies

I called Miami beach Convention Center and the next scheduled naturalization ceremony will be held on March the 20th, 2008. I hope those who have recently had their interview will be scheduled for this oath ceremony. including myself!!!!:) :D

I went to the interview yesterday. According to the INS officer there are two oath ceremonies scheduled for May plus the one on march 20th

hi Miami people!

i thought you'd find this stats useful: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=81949&view=findpost&p=1655387

Quick update:

N400 Sent on July 4th, 2007
biometrics on september 12th, 2007.
letter for Interview on March 7th, 2008.
Interview scheduled for June 20th 2008.

it's good that they schule so far ahead instead of waiting until 1 month left till date, i hope other DOs start doing so too.

BTW, why do you have active second thread http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=249820
i'd recommend to write to moderator and ask to merge them it one

did you get an oath ceremony invitation?

I went to the interview yesterday. According to the INS officer there are two oath ceremonies scheduled for May plus the one on march 20th

Hello engasa:
Did you get scheduled for the march 20th ceremony? I have not yet gotten any decision/ceremony invitation!!!!:confused: Has anyone else been invited for thie coming naturalization ceremony???? Anything coming up in April???? thanks and good luck to you all.

Oath ceremony

Hello engasa:
Did you get scheduled for the march 20th ceremony? I have not yet gotten any decision/ceremony invitation!!!!:confused: Has anyone else been invited for thie coming naturalization ceremony???? Anything coming up in April???? thanks and good luck to you all.

Hi Andrews.
No. By the time I did my interview, the march 20th ceremony was full.
I don't think there will be one in April, but I will call INS on Monday.

TIme line in miami

Good morning all,
I applied for naturalization in April of 2007 and i had my interview on the 11th of March 2008. I arrived around 1:30 PM for my 2 o clock interview. We were around 60 and i was called at 2:05 PM. Within 10 minutes i was out of the office. The IO went through my papers and asked me 6 questions, asked me to write a sentence and i read one also and said congratulations and put a big stamp that says approved on the application. He did not however give me a N-652.:confused: He said my oath ceremony will be most likely at the end of May or beginning of June at the Miami beach convention center.
While waiting, some people were leaving with their N-652 and some others without it even though i could see the IO telling them congratulations and they were all Happy. Is that a big deal? not having the N-652?
Thank you.

---------------------------

Texas - Miami
04/10/07: Priority Date
04/27/07: Receipt Notice Rcvd
05/02/07: FP Notice Rcvd
05/18/07: FP Submitted
12/19/07: Interview Notice Rcvd
03/11/08: Interview Date (Approved & Passed)
00/00/00: Oath Notice Rcvd
00/00/00: Oath Taken
00/00/00: Applied for US Passport
00/00/00: Received US Passport

Hello everybody.
04-04: priority mail
05-04:1 FP
06-04: Nc started
03-05:interview
02-08:2nd FP
Questions?
-what does this second interview means?...that finally this name check was cleard?
-Is gonna be another interveiw?
-When should i expect to take the Oath and finally become a citizen?
thank you

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=acffaca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

USCIS Releases Projected Naturalization Processing Times For Local Offices

Washington—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released today the projected times for local offices to complete processing of applications for citizenship from individuals who filed during the summer of 2007.

Last July, USCIS received 460,000 applications for naturalization. That was three times the record for any previous month. For the year, USCIS received 1.4 million naturalization applications, almost double the normal annual volume.

USCIS is hiring and training hundreds of additional immigration officers to adjudicate these cases. The agency is also conducting naturalization interviews on weekends, after normal business hours and in additional locations.

The processing times listed below provide a sense of how quickly a case may be processed if there are no complicating factors. Still, some cases will take longer to complete for such reasons as:

* an applicant has been asked to submit additional information and their case is pending until they comply, or
* an applicant fails the naturalization test and has 60 days to prepare before they are retested, or
* the FBI name check is still in progress.

Projected Local USCIS Office Processing Times at end of September 2008

Office: Miami
Months: 14.2

Received Interview Letter

Update, see signature.. That _was_ quick, was not expecting the interview letter for some more time...

Miami naturalization

Hola Amigos!
I just applied for naturalization and would like to know the timeline.
It seems that Miami is the slowest office :(
Please post your timeline anyone from Miami area.
Thanks!