Mexico

You do not need a visa but need a travel document.

So their requirement is more stringent than that of Canada.

My friend just had a hard time with RTD+GC. The airline stuff didn't want to let her on board. It is better to take some sort of print out from the Mexico Embassy website to the airport if you decide to use RTD. Good luck.

hummmm

I have traveled by Air TWICE to Mexico with ONLY my RTD without a Visa and entered without a problem.

I applied to a Visa here in LA but the Mexican Consulate is a total mess. You can read the whole experience in other posts on this forum.
As long as you do not have a prob getting on the plane, they will for sure not send you back.

Message in Mexican Consulate page

IMPORTANT : Starting from January 1st 2008, all foreign permanent residents in the United States traveling to Mexico for tourism, transit or business reasons should get the immigration form FMTTV directly through the airline, travel agency or port of entrance to Mexico showing a valid passport, official ID and the “green card”.

Guys,

I was in Mexico a couple of months ago and prior to my travel I went to the Mexican Consulate in San Francisco to make sure that I don't need a visa. The officer who was in charge of visas didn't really know whether I needed visa or not (at that time I had RTD only, no GC). Then he decided to stamp my RTD with a special stamp "Exteno de Visa", meaning no visa required. He also gave me the immigration form that is usually given to all the passengers to fill out before they arrive to Mexico (Mexican verision of I-94) with the same stamp. Very nice experience. Althought I received my GC one day before my departure (Yeahh!!), I had no problems entering/leaving Mexico. If you live in the Bay Area, visit the Mexican Consulate if you want to obtain that kind of stamp.

RTD+GC no visa required

U.S. PERMANENT RESIDENTS:

U.S. Permanent residents visiting Mexico as tourists do not require a visa to be stamped in their passports by the Mexican Consulate, regardless of their nationality. Mexican Immigration officers at points of entry will require them to present a valid passport or travel document and proof of residence by means of a U.S. Permanent Resident Card in order to grant entry. However a completed tourist card (FMT) is required. This FMT may be at any port of entry into Mexico.