Mexico - Transit Visa - Just in case

sfguy

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Got a question. I am planning to go to Nogales for H1 Revalidation. Was wondering if we can come back to the US on a Transit C1 Visa in case something goes wrong.

I have air tickets from SFO to India...So was wondering if I can go to Nogales or Tijuana to get my H1 revalidated before going to India.

Appreciate any Insights here.

In case your visa is on administrative processing or denial you will not be allowed to enter USA. You would have to wait in Mexico to get the administrative processing completed and enter USA with a approved visa OR fly to India from Mexico (This is very expensive...could be anywhere around 2500 depending on which part of Mexico)

sfguy said:
Hello All,

Got a question. I am planning to go to Nogales for H1 Revalidation. Was wondering if we can come back to the US on a Transit C1 Visa in case something goes wrong.

I have air tickets from SFO to India...So was wondering if I can go to Nogales or Tijuana to get my H1 revalidated before going to India.

Appreciate any Insights here.

I think you can enter the US with other visa if it's valid. The new rule(well, not very new though) is one can not use automatic revalidation if visa was denied at consulate in Canada/Mexico. It did not mention about using other type of visa to use for re-entry.

But I'm not sure transit visa works to cross the border on land.

Confirm with lawyer.