Mexico EB3

Lucas2005

Registered Users (C)
It seems that I am the only Mexican visiting this board.
My PD is 4 days away from becoming current..... it has being that way for the last 3 months.
On the September Visa Bulletin India moved 2 weeks, the rest of the world moved 5 months and one day, Mexico moved..... ZERO DAYS!
Does anybody has idea of why?
Is the anti-illegal, anti-Mexican fever affecting the LEGAL Mexican immigration?
Can't tell you how disappointed I am.
Will appreciate your comments.

Lucas2005 said:
It seems that I am the only Mexican visiting this board.
My PD is 4 days away from becoming current..... it has being that way for the last 3 months.
On the September Visa Bulletin India moved 2 weeks, the rest of the world moved 5 months and one day, Mexico moved..... ZERO DAYS!
Does anybody has idea of why?
Is the anti-illegal, anti-Mexican fever affecting the LEGAL Mexican immigration?
Can't tell you how disappointed I am.
Will appreciate your comments.

I think you are victim of amnestied illegals, who are legals now.
The last day for them to be amnested was 04/30/2001. They are here leagally and waiting for their LC is approved based on 245i act.
Most of them filed GC in EB3 category as workers which profession requires at least 2 years of special training. It is not a secret that most of them came from Mexico.

I would say that you do not have to blame them. When Congress accepted 245i act they did not think about special provision for 245i amnestied people.
They had a chance only to apply for GC through their employers.

There are thousands of them in the Backlog Elimination center.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Congress accepted 245i act they did not think about special provision for 245i amnestied people.

that is why if CIR passes, more visas will be needed either just for them or more overall. or just give them green cards. but if they are added to the line, those who will be in your situation in six years will see PD's in the early 90's.

and add the 200k annual guest workers and the tons of others via agjobs. all of these will be new people. then add the hb1/hb2 people that are yet to come. and you see why we need more visas.

Congressmen are not all that stupid. According to a DOL director, the Clinton administration was informed that the legal immigrant community in the queue would be affected and they preferred to ignore it and let us explode.

sfmars said:
I think you are victim of amnestied illegals, who are legals now.
The last day for them to be amnested was 04/30/2001. They are here leagally and waiting for their LC is approved based on 245i act.
Most of them filed GC in EB3 category as workers which profession requires at least 2 years of special training. It is not a secret that most of them came from Mexico.

I would say that you do not have to blame them. When Congress accepted 245i act they did not think about special provision for 245i amnestied people.
They had a chance only to apply for GC through their employers.

There are thousands of them in the Backlog Elimination center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hola Lucas.

I'm also from Mexico EB3 PD Sept 01, last year I received an RFE on my case 1 month before the EB3 category became Unavailable... As you may be aware that meant that after responding the RFE my case was just about to be approved but all the sudden everthing changed for bad and almost 1 year after here I'm.

Once Mexico EB3 PD passes the 245i hurdle the dates MUST skyrocket all the way parallel to the world ones or even current!... since there are not too many EB3 work based applications filed for Mexico in comparison to India for example.

Saludos.

Based on what you are saying, it seems that it is true that most 245(i) cases are Mexicans then.

ecuellar said:
Hola Lucas.

I'm also from Mexico EB3 PD Sept 01, last year I received an RFE on my case 1 month before the EB3 category became Unavailable... As you may be aware that meant that after responding the RFE my case was just about to be approved but all the sudden everthing changed for bad and almost 1 year after here I'm.

Once Mexico EB3 PD passes the 245i hurdle the dates MUST skyrocket all the way parallel to the world ones or even current!... since there are not too many EB3 work based applications filed for Mexico in comparison to India for example.

Saludos.

Well... that I do not know but it seems to be the case. The only thing that I can tell for sure is that Mexico does not have many EB3 cases filed as well as H1Bs.