Mexico Consulate Stamping

boldm28

Registered Users (C)
Here is my situation

Its more than 1 and half yrs since i got a visa on my passport , I am plannin to go to MEXICO last week on Septmeber , or October 1st week to get my visa stamped in MEXICO , if any one is interested can mail me @ boldm28@yahoo.com so as to
go together

My concerns

1) I did a little research and found out that there are cases where people are rejected visa @ mexico consulates
am not sure which ones

2) Does any one know of people who had a h1 to h1 transfer being done @ mexico and got rejected and if so on what grounds
and what was the consulate (TIJUNA or EL PASO or NOGALES)

3)if rejected there are list of things that need to be done

a)get a tickect to go from MEX TO INDIA
b) have a cell phone even though it is not allowed , switch it off and carry it , have heard that a AT&T phone with prepaid minutes
works , sprint and others do not work in mexico

secondary concerns

1) if u have a car --- have to sell it for that you need to tranfer it on your friends name

2) disconnect the cell phone

3) baggage also needs to be sent to INDIA

4) considering the time it takes to get a VISA STAMP IN indian consulates

These are some of my concerns and am really anxious

so people , who have been approved or rejected please post you exp in Mexico

Thanks
BOLDM

H1 stamping in Mexico

changed status from F1 to H1.. wanna get H1 stamping in october..

if you have similar case ...pls post u r exp in consulates at mexico

Last edited by a moderator:
DUDE

have u made preparations , which consoluate where u gonna stay , what if there is a rejection

or just cause this is a free forum , want to post your ad

Hi,
Kudos to you for thinking about all possible scenarios. Yes, in case the Visa is rejected, you have to go back to India from Mexico itself. I'm faced with a similar dilemna however I'd have to go back to the UK since I'm a British Citizen. The main problem is what do you do with your car, where do you look for travel agents (coz buying from Internet to India is very exp.) In my case, I have my wife and kid so it makes life even more difficult. I'm re-evaluating my decision to go to Ottawa since too much risk is involved. No matter how simple and straightforward my case is, what if they didn't like the way I looked ? :)
Anyway, Make sure that you take absolutely everything (in terms of documents) with you and make the employer letter as comprehensive as possible.

In my opinion the entire procedure sucks ! They should get the INS (well, BCIS) to stamp the Visa on the passport at the time of I797 issue. What is so difficult about doing this ? I understand that they are 2 separate departments. Well, I guess doing so would make life a lot easier and this is exactly what they dont want. When I hear about re-val applications returned from St. Louis for a ridiculous reason such as photo not the correct size, how stupid can things get !! Photo incorrect ??? Give me a break !!

I guess we're in need therefore have to go by literally anything they ask for no matter how ridiculous it may be !

-Mohan.

Hi

Worst Case senario is getting Rejected , thing is that is the risk we have to take to do this job

I was trying to get a GIST of things if something goes wrong not if it goes rite

1) some one to drop your car (rental car) to the rental agency
answer take a CAB

2) tickects --- put yourself up in a decent motel , cause your visa in CANADA /MEXICO is valid for a month or may be a 15 days so tgat you have enuff time to get a decent deal ...

3) try to find out some one who knows u in the country , MExico is a bit difficult but CANADA there are lot of indians

Also If people who got rejected in MEXICO /CANADA , can put there experience then that would be a great help , but i know there are lot of people who just think about themselves and think that if they have gone thru this shit , Y some one esle shud not go thru this kinda shit

so may be , each one for himself

Also one more point I have noted so far is that people are waiting for others to go and then they keep delaying there visit
They try to keep searching on the forums and try to get some hope when some one does a sucessfull stamping , there are 2 choices

1) take the risk of going to mexico or home county and either get the stamping done or DEAL with not being able to get the stamping

2) just hope that things are going to be OK , there is no way things are going to be ok and the Immigration policy is not going to chance , it might get worse but not better so ...

3) people keep asking others to post there exp and they keep asking what papers are needed , i know one guy who keeps asking about what they asked in the interview and what papers
for the past 3 months .get a life dude , its ur faitht that is going to decide, for eg my parents visa got rejected 2 months back for no apprent reason ,the guy @ the consulate was an indian guy and guess what my parents are both above 65 infact my DAD is 72 years old ,almost lived his whole life and still the indian bastard at the embassy wanted to know how much he had saved and that according to him that was not eufff

so there you go
that is my sstory

4) cause u are in the country legally spend the 6 yrs and do not go back to india or ur home country go back after u get ur perm residencey or after ur visa for 6 yrs exp

That is the whole thing for u

CUT AND DRIED

Its very simple. Your location (only in your case) is printed next to your ID on the left hand side. Re-read your post.

-Mohan.